Fleetwood Of Oregon Closes its Doors

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Peanut Butter, Mar 9, 2009.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I think a lot of the reason RV's aren't selling is because it's too hard to get a loan for them now .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Yup, you're right there for sure. More going on here because I KNOW ###### well they would if they could and drive like idiots all over creation no matter what is going on. Like I said before the ONLY thing that will stop people from driving their cars even is either a nuclear bomb, the bank, or no gas.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I really wonder about anybody who would go (further) into debt right now to by an RV, or ATV, or any of the water toys. While I know there are many "smokin' deals" out there right now on these things, it just doesn't seem to me like a wise decision.

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  5. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    I also think that were heading for depression #2. I hope that im totally wrong but the way things are going it wont be long before were in depression.

6. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Things are bad enough but on the news here last night the Sportsmans Warehouse in Nampa idaho are closing there doors after 3 years of being there, they employed 50 people there that are now without jobs,, this is getting bad.

7. Peanut Butter

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I did forget to add that fleetwood was down from november to january due to the fact that GE International pulled the plug on financing for the dealers that sold fleetwood trailers, so that might have been the start of the fall for fleetwood, as only banks would maybe finance then but doubtful.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Well, our Sportsmans Warehouse is still open in St. George, UT. But there have been other sporting goods stores that have closed up recently here.

Things just are not real pretty right now.:biggrin_25512:

9. Tran Man

Tran Man Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Time to enjoy the family.

10. Peanut Butter

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Just found out today that fleetwood of oregon has filed for chapter 11,, the company where i worked asked if we could send the frames they had already ordered, they said absolutley not,, no deliveries will be accepted,, they will be sent back.

11. stillsmok'n

stillsmok'n Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Nampa , Id
    Yep, Hopefully we can all find work again. I know I wont find a job doin what I was doin, but I hope to find something. Who wrote that message about our shop? You worked for me in caldwell?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.