Flight attendant suffers broken bones in ‘one of the worst displays of unruly behavior’

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Maybe if they didn't sell alcohol, and thus encouraging drunk people on the plane stuff like this wouldn't happen so often.

Badmon Thanks this.
  3. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Last time I flew, it was so bad I swore I'd never fly again. That was 12 years ago. The way the airlines treat their customers, it's like they're begging for someone to snap.

If a problem keeps reoccurring, there is usually a commonality amongst incidents. Find what all of these cases have in common, and the solution will present itself.

So, can anyone see what many of these incidents have in common?

4. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    What else would you expect from a ruling class that promotes entitled behavior, double standards, and fear at every turn?

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Maybe the complete dehumanization of the passengers by the airlines themselves? Having to be at the airport two hours before departure? Being charged extra for everything? Standing in line after line? Boarding the aircraft and being stuffed into a seating arrangement that gives you barely enough room? Trying to get the attention of a stewardess that is obviously over-worked and under trained? Finally getting her attention and finding out that she can't answer your question? Hoping your luggage winds up on the same continent that you do? Taking off late? Arriving late at your destination and missing your connecting flight and nobody at the desk seems too interested in finding you another flight?
    You couple all of the above with a passenger who's been drinking and maybe isn't all that stable to begin with, a poorly trained and overworked ground staff, and yeah, I can see some problems coming.
    Also, I don't fly commercial unless it's an emergency and I don't have many of those.. Too much of the above kind of behavior on commercial..

6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Very well put.
    Back in the 70's it was a fun and exciting experience.
    Now it's more like, is there any other option?

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Not really. They know that, too.
    I'm lucky. I have some cousins that run a crop dusting service and do a little charter work in the off season. If it's an emergency I can use them.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Any real men on that flight? I don't think I could have sit still after what that skinny jerk off did.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Right. And when a person is on the plane, the flight attendant is the only representation of the airline that they see. So that person becomes the representation of all of it, even though none of it is likely their fault.

That doesn't mean a person who becomes violent or aggressive with a flight attendant is justified. It does however show that there is a serious problem with how the airlines view and treat their customers. But the bigger problem, in my view, is that people are willing to be treated like chattel, and even pay exorbitant sums of money for the privilege.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  10. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Of course there is.

I haven't flown in 12 years. I just simply will not.

Mankind somehow survived and people got where they needed to go for millenia without being able to fly.

jason6541 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.