Florilli Transport Bad! Bad! Bad!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Slow Poke One, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoozan

snoozan Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Minneapolis,MN
    I believe that! I worked for a company that paid .40/mile or $800.00 guaranteed if you weren't dispatched a min of 2000 miles per week. They eliminated the "guarantee" and then systematically got rid of most of the drivers that would qualify for it. They now pay new hires .34/mile, no guarantee. Most weeks drivers average less that 1500 miles. Don't work for Mcleod!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. packerfan11

packerfan11 Light Load Member

May 11, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    First of all, people need to state facts, not hearsay. I work for them, and yes there are restrictions, deadlines, job performance issues, so forth. That happens with ANY company. As far as you guys "complaining" how bad Florilli is, I am not sure you know what you are even talking about. Sounds like you people just complain and repeat what you hear and take what other drivers say as the gospel. I've worked for many companies, and yes, Florilli is not perfect, but no company is. If you don't like them, leave...noone is putting a gun to your head and making you stay where you don't want to be. I have issues with them at times...going to certain places, breakdowns, pay at times, its the same stuff as everywhere else. If I have a legitimate gripe, I will voice it and back it up with facts, not just crap because im mad and didn't get my way. If I have a problem with the truck, it gets fixed..no questions asked. If my bunk heater goes out, I idle and I tell them I idle and why...NO gruff about it. When I do get it in to the "required" shop(Ive been to 3 in one day to get different repairs done) my list gets fixed as long as it is written down. As far as safety goes, if there is a legitimate, legal reason for not making your delivery/pickup, there is no gruff about it. They will reschedule, relay or do whatever it takes for YOU to be SAFE. Drivers today are nothing but a bunch of whineya@@ed, lazy, can't compete with "real" true professional drivers, so they #####, moan and complain when they don't get their way or that shiny new truck they "think" they deserve, or easy docks and easy summertime type runs with no bad weather. If you have a problem, "discuss" it with your superiors, if all you do is yell at them, ##### and complain, tell them they suck, ect...how in the hell do you expect them to give you the time of day or respect you want???? Iv'e made the mistake of being tired and yelling at my travel agent, but im also smart enough to realize that if I am wrong, and they are just trying to explain to me something because im not understanding something, I will apoligize. Im not above telling someone they are a complete ####### if I feel I am in the right. My truck isn't fast(61 mph), I wish it would go faster, but it doesn't because it's "their" truck and "they are entiteled" to run "their" truck however "they" want, so I deal with it. I get fairly consistent miles, as much as 4000 plus in a week. Not all the time, but regularly. Its all how you decide to react to your situation your in. Right now because its winter, they want you to idle your trucks... just be mindful and repectful of how much you idle. if it drops to to cold(about 15 deg I think) they want you to idle so the trucks don't gel up and put additives in truck and reefer as well for same reason. If its below 10*, they want you to idle most of the night. Alot of truck problems are because drivers just drive the trucks and WILL NOT do a dang thing about taking care of it or making sure its in good enough shape to handle the cold weather. You have to prepare any truck for the cold weather long before the cold weather gets here.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  4. packerfan11

May 11, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    1st...that isn't true. They only shut your card off when you are on your hometime....Many companies do that. 2nd, they do not run back roads to avoid DOT, Im always going by a scale, I may not agree with the route 100%, but it is a very short route, or a route that avoids tolls, ect. Ive been paid for every inspection Ive passed. 3rd...they do not "push" you to run, if you have a legal reason to not run, they understand. I dont know your husbands situation, so I will not berate him, but many drivers cannot run their logbook effectivly, so they end up in situations that they cannot run or complete a load on time. As far as tickets go, Its the drivers responsibility to be legal and prepared to NOT recieve the ticket in the first place! 4th, they do not charge you to bring back the truck unless the driver has left it in a unapproved area, or adbandoned it, or he/she ran it back without proper documented authorization. And YES, MOST COMPANIES WILL REPORT A VEHICHLE STOLEN IF YOU DO NOT BRING IT BACK IN AN ORDERLY FASHION! Thats a $100,000 plus investment and they want it back. And 5th...The DOT rating is because of my observations stated, drivers mistakes and errors...not equipment. Driver Errors....Florilli has some of the best equipment I've seen on the road in 20 plus years. May not be all tricked out like a show truck, but they are solid, nice and clean, and well maintained.

jimbokep, Clifton BALL and Jayshawn89 Thank this.
  5. packerfan11

May 11, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    Man, your so full of ##$%. I gotta go get my friggin hip boots on. Glad you left...more freight for us. Nothing but a rumor mill you guys are...its freiking hilarious. Most likely you didnt get your way...got mad, now have to make excuses why you can't cut it. Dang it Driver......

jimbokep and Jayshawn89 Thank this.
  6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Theres got to be a way to beat companies that do this i would immediatly contact a lawyer the moment the company does this and get it all legal so you've got proof of all these actions either that or keep a diary it get all notorized again as proof . yeah based on what you've said is true i'd be staying clear of Florelli for sure if you want a good honest company to work for try LW Miller in Logan Ut i never ever had a issue with them regarding pays and no you don't have to live in Ut we had one driver based in Missouri .
    Anyways wish you well in your persuit for justice .

Regards
    Aussiejosh

7. dannyb1212000

dannyb1212000 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2009
    somerset KY
    This company is a joke and this is one of three I didn't last more than a month with. I hired on through TLC in 2004 and the company was screwed up from the moment I got there. It's offices were in a Barn and this crazy chick named Aaron, my dispatcher started insulting me the moment we met. They give you routes to use and it's crazy out of route miles to avoid scales and tolls. I did three trips to the East coast for them. Wasn't allowed to use the IN, OH, or PA turnpike. They fought me to the point I refused to run unless they would pay NJ turnpike because I didn't want to run on side roads in Jersey because the cops hassle you and 4 wheelers cut you off. I froze my butt off because they used a fulel optimizer and were strict about it. I feared running out of fuel so I didn't idle and it was winter. I got real sick there and when I started adding up the miles I drove via thier routes V/S the miles I was getting paid I got out of thier truck. I don't regret it either, it was 16% or higher in unpaid miles because of the scale/toll avoiding and fuel routing. All the companies that TLC staffs for are cheaters and cheap. TLC does the payroll and HR for Florilli and they are the ones who mess it up and some people like it and other have big problems. OH yeah in my final settlement from TLC the NJ turnpike refund they promised me was witheld and listed as unauthroized toll.

8. LindaLou

LindaLou Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Oh dear, I've never seen Florilli equipment that was worth half that tractor and trailer combined. Drivers that seemed to be a little bit crazy or trying to recruit me for...what? Scary, slow, plodding...

9. packerfan11

May 11, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    Well, all I can say is you must have never bought a truck or trailer in the last 20 years. An average truck(new, mind you, not counting any discounts) will cost you anywhere from $120,000 to as much as $200,000 plus depending on just how that tractor is specced out. And from what I see, albeit they ARE Petes, are specced fairly decently compared to other junk other companies seem to buy. And a NEW refrigerated trailer depending on specs can range from $40,000 to $75,000 based on what I've seen in papers and dealers. So that's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. And if you think Florillis trucks are junk just because they are set to run slow(Ick), thats a mistake on your part. I have seen a few tractors here that do look rough...some are just old and being phased out, such as the internationals and freightliners from what I am to understand. And others, yes I have seen them, is because like all companies, when you hire drivers, you really don't know what kind of driver they are and the drivers are the ones who bend fairings, fenders, rub tires, bend bumpers, and all the other crap we see on ANY company truck out on the road today. Florilli is no exception to the rule. Sad truth is that many drivers have no business behind the wheel to begin with and they don't care what they do to truck(or trailer) and expect the company to shoulder the responsibility of THEIR bad driving skills. Drivers just don't care. I always drive my truck as if I owned it,( I do and have had many) I don't bend my fairings because I am not too dang lazy make a turn properly, if you cant make the turn, DON'T DO IT and find another way! I don't bend bumpers and fenders, mess up tires because I pay attention to what the heck I am driving near. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just letting my 3,000,000 safe accident free miles speak for themselves. And I am very certain that there are many other drivers out there with the same kind of record that will agree with me.

jimbokep Thanks this.
  10. packerfan11

May 11, 2009
    Columbia City, IN
    Well, gosh almighty...1 of 3 companies YOU DIDN'T LAST A MONTH at? Whos the blame there? Sounds like your wishy washy and leave when you don't get your way. 2nd, it's a crock anyone would start insulting you "the moment you met". Maybe your just not a people person. 3rd, the toll road deal is not true...we do run them with "Proper Authorization" before hand. I just ran the NY tollway. Other drivers I personally know run the OH, IN Toll Roads. PA is on a per load selection. And as far as your "refusing" to run, that's your deal. There is nothing wrong with the roads along side the NJ Turnpike, if you can't handle the traffic, then its your deal and maybe you just ain't cut to be a PROFESSIONAL truck driver in the first place. And YES we do utilize a fuel optimization program and NO, if you need fuel, they WILL let you get what you need to run the truck. They will not let the truck run empty anywhere as cost to get fuel to a "run out of fuel truck" is ASTRONOMICAL! As far as your run mileage vs your paid mileage goes, hey, thats trucking, MAN UP and deal with it. We would all love to get paid more and for all the miles the truck turns. Florilli does nothing different than companies like CRETE, WERNER, SCHNIEDER, ECT. They ALL pay you less than you actually drive. Companies don't get paid on every mile either, EVER heard of HHMG miles? And I'm quite sure since you "refused" to run unless you could run the NJ Toll, (to avoid cops and 4 wheelers, If the cops hassle you, are you doing something to attract their attention? Maybe your driving skills need to be evaluated????) just to shut you up and get the load there, they gave you an ADVANCE to do with as you please, and that is a toll you have to eat. I'm sorry driver, but I think you need to look in the mirror and actually tell yourself you just AIN'T GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO BE IN TRUCKING. Maybe you should rethink a new career.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    jimbokep Thanks this.
  11. dannyb1212000

dannyb1212000 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2009
    somerset KY
    I don't need a new career, I am a great driver and way above industry average. You DOT score is near the worse in the Industry. Turnover is 100-150% and I have had three jobs that I didn't last a month with, 2 were TLC placements the other was another company well complained about on this board. I have never failed to last 1.5 years or longer at a decent carrier and will get my million accident free mile in 2010. Florilli isn't decent it is ripp off.

When you pay household movers guide a driver should be allowed to take the shortest route to delivery. You guys back then gave me routes based on fuel stops and avoiding tolls/scales. The reason several companies pay practical miles now is because they lost in class action suits for what you guys do. Sooner or later a group of people you guys rip off are going to get a lawyer and a class action up, just ask Swift, CRETE who pays practical miles because they lost a suit doing what you do.

Requiring a driver to take routes hundreds of miles out of route to avoid a scale because your either over weight or have bad equipment is reason enough to shut you guys down. Doing it to save $10 in fuel while screwing the driver out of $40 in out of route miles is reason enough for no one to work for you. You never been to NJ, your probally that mouthy chick Aaron whom everyone knew and hated I talked to. The roads are the most route restricted in the country and built 50 years before 53ft trailers. You guys are just willing to steal from your drivers via forcing longer than needed routes on them and compromise the public saftey for a few more cents on the profit margin. This 2010 is going to put companies like you out and good bye!!

Lastly, your not a driver, what are you doing on here? All those companies you listed as examples require driver to drive the SHORTEST routes, even if it is a Toll road. You guys don't by your own ommission.:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.