Flying J in Breezewood, PA is closed

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bigkev1115, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    That sucks. I always enjoyed stopping in at that Perkins. And if I remember right there was a lot of parking compared to most stops. Been going in there for 20 yrs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And so a little bit of history gone then.

Breezewood was at one time a pretty quiet place to get some sleep considering. there were a couple of spots in those hills where you could get away from the usual truckstop tear off hood game.

Upinsmoke and bzinger Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Carlise I think was near a toll road interchange by the war college as the crow flies. That one went out of business long before We stopped OTR.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Frystown, my heading in to Jersey staging spot, don’t remember it being all American, maybe before my time

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Frystown was a all american at one time. Its the one not far from the great big AM radio outfit in that area. The gravel lot back then left something to be desired at one time.

Upinsmoke and INRUT Thank this.
  7. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    The one on 78 was I know that not sure about carlisle.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I spoke with the management some time ago and from what he said the original owners of the property sold the back lot without telling them then would not allow them to renew their lease to keep the truck stop open.

In the future will just have to plan on staying at plazas..

Upinsmoke and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    When it was a Petro it was nice place.

10. jeff614

jeff614 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2009
    northern va
    So no plans for a replacement then? That place was old... From Pittsburgh originally and remember Breezewood as the traditional halfway point.

There used to be a small restaurant on the berm to the right as you were pulling into the T.S. Long gone now, anyone remember the name? Fond memories of standing on the hill with my dad watching the rigs roll in and out.

Won’t this leave Breezewood with only 1 regular truck stop now? Realize there’s the plazas and one wouldn’t really be in Breezewood unless getting on or off the turnpike, but still...?

Merry Christmas, stay safe out there!
    - Jeff

11. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Well that bites.

I wonder how, or if, that closure will affect Crawford's Gift Shop down below the hill from that parking lot (that'd be the Black and Gold Superstore for those of you who've seen it). I know I used to patronize the heck out of that place whenever my travels took me through Breezewood--but I also haven't been back there in probably eight or nine months.

How's this affect the Blue Beacon, if anyone knows? Also, might Love's swoop in and standup a new location there? (Or somebody? As much as I love Sheetz, I'd really rather not have to try to cross that intersection twice to get it.)

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.