FlyingJ,no parking asked to leave.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rocknroll81, Jan 2, 2017.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    +1000 to that. Kick em out.

Pnwtrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    When I have to deliver to truck stops I pretty much assume I'm going to have to kick at least one truck off from my fuel drops if they're on the truck side. I'm sure they don't think they're blocking anything too.

It's actually quite sad that I like doing gas stations more than truck stops, and that's purely because of truck drivers. I'll take the tougher maneuvering and drug deals over that any day.

4. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Lights on in bad weather or in lots where it's pitch black and can't see the spot. Otherwise not usually unless I'm gonna idle the whole time.

ReeferOhio Thanks this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I agree. Every day I get fuel there are enough empty conventional parking spaces a dozen drivers could park sideways across 5-6 spots, yet the fuel pumps are completely jammed with lazy drivers parked behind an invisible fuel pump user. They are so lazy they couldn't even wait to block a fuel pump, they had to block the approach to the fuel pump. 99% of them walk out of the truck stop with a 5-gallon Big Gulp and a giant Subway. They probably had an emergency lunch order more important than all the interstate commerce in the area.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  6. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Did you try the Pilot? Seriously Finding it hard to believe after 38 years you even post about this. Ever haul over width...? Anyone with 6 months should know better to show up at the hook and get a spot. This is rookie stuff

7. Donkeydust

Donkeydust Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Oops, I have to say, you on Elogs know you're running out of hours. Truckstop finder shows all truckstops. If a fire broke out and you were in the way it would be much worse than parking in a No Parking zone. I've had to park on a ramp or find a crummy truckstop i at least got my rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2017
  8. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Get used to it? Lol @Toomanybikes the OP has 38 years experience I think it might be too late

Toomanybikes, cnsper and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. bluerider

bluerider Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Parking lots are empty during the day. You can park in the back all by yourself and not deal with loud reefers, idlers and apus. And you're much less likely to get hit by a bad driver. For the life of me I can't understand why so many drivers insist on working 9 to 5. Running with the crowd isn't my idea of being an independent trucker.

10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    This just in: 99% of truck drivers are not Independent.

wore out and Pnwtrucker Thank this.
  11. Donkeydust

Donkeydust Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2017
    If they had a decent trainer to tell them the little things it wouldn't be such a big deal. Arrogance will catch up to you and trip planning is easy when your on elog. You know how much time you have left. Learn to be savy & find another place. When you think your parked in nobody's way, think again!

Bigrayon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.