FMCSA--Speed limiters are coming

Discussion in 'Other News' started by kemosabi49, Apr 28, 2022.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    It’s not safety, or traffic or any #### thing else but revenue and control. More level 3 inspections than any other.....tell me wtf could possibly cause a safety issue if your paperwork isn’t in order? How does an unpaid UCR make you safer? Or even a base plate expired? Even a 2 hr boo boo on your log honestly doesn’t affect safety.

I have heard some say people better realize without farmers and trucks they be scratching a hungry ###.....that’s exactly what they want in my opinion

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Never have been

RoseMan, D.Tibbitt, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  4. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Right here is exactly what would happen. Any rational analysis of what will result when all trucks on the road are governed at the same speed, plus or minus .5 MPH (point 5), would produce the answer. It would be a cluster ####. Endless races occurring, where it takes 5 plus minutes to pass, probably 10 minutes. Road rage incidents will skyrocket, and an increase in rage induced crashes will plug the road.

Look at how many times you've seen four wheelers raging behind a governed truck pass, or an unlimited truck raging 10 feet of the passing trucks trailer. Nothing short of a cluster #### would occur.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    All The Sihk's will do the same thing as when ELD happened.

Park their trucks. Poof!!!! Instant exemption for produce and reefers.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Timing is pretty awesome on this too. You going to park your truck with your new $6K payment???

Like fish in a barrel. And getting dumber everyday.

Spend some more time playing Call of Duty.

YumDinger, Blue jeans, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Frisbienick

Frisbienick Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Ok so I can't say what I really want to say on here about this situation because people will read into it wrong. So here is what I will say... ELD is not in my truck... The speed limiter will not be there either. If this means I have to buy a 1980 truck then that is what I will do. No government will tell me how to run my business. Once they do and I no longer have options then that's when I say screw it. I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

8. Frisbienick

Frisbienick Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I will also add I cruse my truck at 68 but if family emergency happens or if I have an urgent situation pop up... I want the ability to run. They take that ability then I'm hanging up the keys. Not worth the headache. Back 25 years ago my brother lost his wife in an accident. He drove over 100 mph with a flat bed from new Mexico to okc. He was on the cb radio the hole time and they stayed out of his way. He hit the yard jumped out of the semi and got in his dodge and drove as fast as he could to Missouri. The time he made on that trip was amazing and he was able to be there for his kids that was involved. So no I don't agree with this and I won't be held back. If I need to go then I need to go. This is a perk to owning your own authority and truck. I loose that then screw it.

9. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Safety issues took a back seat to enforcement for profit issues over 30 years ago. They want it to be easier to collect the money. They don’t see any safety issues in trucks on the road with people sitting in them that can’t drive them, even if they know how. When the computer at the corner store ####s up you can’t buy a cup of coffee because that kid at the counter doesn’t have the skills to work out a simple transaction with a pencil and a piece of paper. Frustrating, but nobody dies. When you have 40 tons on the highway at 100’/second and the computer ####s up , and the person sitting in it doesn’t have the skills to drive it…. No worries, no safety issues there. Even better, let’s get the accountants to program them in such a way that even a truck driver can’t drive them. An example of that is all the spun out trucks being pulled off of hills as soon as there’s 2” of snow on the ground. Some of those guys could have driven up that grade with a loaded b-train with no tire chains on in a truck they could control. As it is they’re sitting there spun out with with a tandem van, frustrated to tears waiting for the wrecker to pull them up the hill because the computer wouldn’t let them drive it up there. Now they’re going to make it safer. After Boeing killed a few hundred people when their computers insisted, against the aircrews best efforts, on flying planes into the ground they're convinced autonomous trucks are the answer. I think I’ll just retire someplace as far off the road as I can get before these morons and their computers kill me.

Blue jeans, Bret1984, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  10. truckguy391

truckguy391 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    I’m not too thrilled about the idea of speed limiters, BUT based on the number of super truckin “drivers” I see tailgating cars at 85mph, they might have a slight case for their argument.

11. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    easiest way to tell who has a speed limiter now, they are still holding the pedal flat In 50-55 zones….

and I still don’t have an ELD….

Coffey, Blue jeans and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.