Follow me through Central Refrigerated training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Big Rigg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    lol, same thing happened to me on my load home, I had a monday appt time, but was going to be there Saturday, so I called and asked if it could be dropped, they said, yeah, no problem. I get there, they say, ohhhhh, you have the only specific product we cant let be dropped. Luckily I got ahold of night dispatch and they let me drive the 50 miles home and just go back monday.

Did they fly you to Rochelle to pick up a truck? if so, whatd you end up getting?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigrigdrmr

bigrigdrmr Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Murfreesboro Tn
    Moose are you still with crs and still a trainer?

4. kbar909

kbar909 Light Load Member

Hello everybody. I applied online today for Central. Im very excited. I have been waiting to apply at Central for a while now. My question is...now that I have applied, what should I expect now? I got the e-mail that thanked me for sending my application. Should I expect a call from a recruiter? Is Central going to be sending me a paper application in the mail? About how long will it take to receive a call or a paper application by mail? Im really excited to get things rolling! Thanks for any input that can be provided!

5. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Id go ahead and call them on Monday, and say, you already filled out an online app, but dont know who your recruiter is. Depending on when you plan on wanting to go, they may get started with the next step ASAP.

6. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012

they have live chat too m-f 6am-5pm mountain time .they answer you fast there.

7. kbar909

Alright I will give them a call on Monday! Thanks for the input!

8. kbar909

Im going to check that out as well....thanks

9. kbar909

Completed the 5 pre hire forms that where e-mailed to me by the lead recruiter. Just now got a text telling me to call the lead recruiter back in 30 mins. Wow things are moving right along. I hope all continues to go well!

10. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    As long as you're truthful about everything you can start as early as next Monday if you want to. Once you fill out those pre hire forms. They're usually pretty good about getting everything else done within a couple days. Especially if you wanna go that next week.

11. kbar909

that sounds sweet. Yeah Im ready to get started. I have another question that Im also going to ask the lead recruiter when I call him in 30 mins.....I know Central requires a signed original SS card. Well mine is in pretty rough shape Torn in half) and i was planning on getting a new one, but with this government shut down going on, I heard that the SS office is not operating. Im hoping I can start training with hopes that this shut down ends soon so I can get a new card.....or I might have to wait till the government turns on the "open" sign so I can get a new card, thus starting training and finally get trucking!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.