Follow me through Central Refrigerated training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Big Rigg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    yikes. Maybe if you tape it they'll take it. I would tape it. But not fully "laminate" it. Then ask her if it's ok. I wouldn't even mention it being ripped in half. Just that it's taped together. And yeah. Can't get a replacement ss card during shutdown.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kbar909

kbar909 Light Load Member

well since the other half is missing...looks like Im waiting....I talked to the lead recruiter right now and he said I could start on the 14th but that now I have to wait, he said just keep him posted on my status and he will get me in ASAP. He also said he has other applicants that are in a holding pattern for the same reason. Ok now Im feeling like one of those people that camp out in line for black friday at wally world or best buy waiting for the store to open. Im going to be at the SS office with a tent and sleeping bag......with my face pushed up to the glass saying...open, open , open....

Arkansas Frost and Buckeye91 Thank this.
  4. badhousekeeper

badhousekeeper Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Moses Lake, WA
    Hey there. Just a note of introduction - I'm Aaron. 47yo RN who's changing careers. I've sent off the 5 papers in my e-mail and talked to another recruiter on Friday. Hope I hear back from the recruiter this week.

I'm very excited to start a new adventure. I don't have a family or any attachments (except a beautiful little dog named Ginger). Wish me luck.

P.S. Thanks to EVERYONE who's written about training on this board. It is greatly appreciated. I've got butterflies just thinking about the "leap" into something new.:biggrin_25521:

Buckeye91 and Skydivedavec Thank this.
  5. pazdabizkitz

pazdabizkitz Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2013
    CO
    Does Central Refrigerated accomplish the background check, criminal check, security check, and work-reference check prior to ones arrival? I am scheduled to take the Greyhound from Denver to SLC on 26 Jan 14. I just dont want to show up there and have any surprises. Wondering if anyone knows the answer? I'm really only wondeing about those particular things, as I don't do any type of drugs or drink, and am in pretty good health. Thanks in advance.

6. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I never thought they did. But I asked my recruiter to do it before hand because I was quitting a really good job to drive. And when I asked him he was already running it. So I believe they do. Also I was talking to a recruiter the other day about my cousin who is going to attend. I knew he was attending already. So she said if they give you the go ahead to attend. They should of already ran everything.

7. Corsair4me

Corsair4me Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Any of you guys running into drivers for Western Express or National? I am looking to go to one of those and would like to know what you are hearing from their Drivers.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  8. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I've rarely heard good things about western... Search for them on here and you'll find a ton of bad reports and posts. They advertise alot in my area for both flatbed and dry van jobs, but everything I've heard is bad stuff.

unloader

9. Corsair4me

Corsair4me Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Fair Oaks, CA
    yeah that's
    what I have seen too I am really working to get on with national sounds like a much better company then WE.

10. pazdabizkitz

pazdabizkitz Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2013
    CO
    Thanks Buckeye91. I appreciate it.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  11. D1-2c

D1-2c Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Marietta ga
    Another day of sitting. I go to pu and get told we adding more freight but can't tell you right now what
    time it will be ready. Tick tick clock don't stop cause the shipper stops.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.