Fontaine Revolution Hybrid

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by KenworthGuyNH, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    Correct Reitnouer uses steel in the neck, buy a Mac and you'll be pleased! Any option you want, and some you didn't know about.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    We had great luck with all the Wilson flats we had, what's crushing your rub rails? Do yours have double or single pipe spools? Double spools were invented because of idiotic forklift drivers who like to use the trailer instead of the brake pedal.:biggrin_2559:

4. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    You ain't sheeting. It hurts watching this on a brand new trailer.

SHC and MackDaddyMark Thank this.
  5. JDP

JDP Medium Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Dubuque, IA
    We have double spools on both trailers. It's attributable to the nature of our business hauling equipment. Steel tracks of dozers and excavators are very hard on the alum. floor, additionally because of this, our drivers use chains probably 8 times out of 10 for securement devices versus straps. The weight advantage makes it worth it, but alum. is less forgiving than steel when it comes to errors/carelessness when loading and unloading as well as securement.

6. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Tell the idiots loading it to stay the F off it!

I see now in a later post why your having problems. I cringe every time I see a driver use the rub rail.

Read above and don't be afraid to use your binder pipe to get the message across!

7. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    had a friend that had decals spaced every few feet on the rails saying stay off the rails !....alternating in english and spanish .....

8. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    What if they can't read?

Back in the late 90's I took my bar after a forklift driver one day in Kansas City because he hit my new Ravens flat. I had told him twice to be careful and he came back and done it again. I chased him to his car and he drove off and left. I went in and told the boss his loader just left before he was injured on the job and he had to come out and finish loading me. The boss never touched the rail.

9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    A question, if you will...

I saw on the fontaine website that they had an "integrated load securement system"? Looked like anchor points that were mounted in some fashion directly to the floor of the trailer.

I can see the advantage of such a system, but what are the working load limits of such anchor points? And would use of such anchor points be FMCSA legal for securing, say, a coil or two?

10. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH

They have a WLL of 5500lbs.

11. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Is that an individual WLL, or the combined WLL of two anchor points plus appropriate chain?

Sorry bug y'all, but a friend of mine is looking for a new trailer. Given the sheer variety of freight out there, I think a system like this would be incredibly useful for any flatbedder.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.