Food Service Distribution (SYGMA)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Nomad99, Jun 14, 2006.

1. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Good luck! I worked for sysco (sister company of sygma). Good pay and free Bennies but it is grueling work, the longest shift I worked was 21 straight hours there, did 2 full shifts, had to report back immediately after my 10 was up for another 14 to 16 hr day.

As others say, it will jack you up, I was always covering someone's route because that driver was in surgery, torn acl, slipped disk, etc. I literally averaged 4 to 5 hours a sleep a night and had to drink 2 to 3 monster energy drinks a day to keep myself from falling asleep behind the wheel. Of course there's never time for lunch, you clock out on the xata but you're in the freezer unit of your trailer during that time sorting cases.

I remember plenty of times where customers gave me food but I literally was that busy I couldn't eat it, I didn't even have 2 minutes to take a few bites.

I could put up with the 16 hour days, even tolerate working in Palm Springs where it's 110 on average but the 4 hours of sleep did it, I know for a fact I was going to eventually fall asleep behind the wheel and kill myself and probably others as I did fall asleep a few times but thankfully only for a few seconds, enough to scare the crap out of me because when I came to I didn't even know where I was

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ddeldgeetar

ddeldgeetar Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I worked for Sysco in Northern CA for awhile and I experienced everything listed here. The insanity of using your 16 and then showing up 10 hours later to an 800 case route off the ramp was just way too much for me. Sysco doesn't give a #### about safety or ANYTHING except numbers and making deliveries. I was a miserable person working there even with the great pay (made over 12K in 2 months). These SYGMA guys making 50K in a year are crazy. At least go to SYSCO if you want to suffer and get paid.

4. chevyguy!!

chevyguy!! Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2016
    My name is Jason and I'm going in for an interview soon for sygma of harrisburg p.a I was just wandering if anyone had any insight about this location and how much your away from home I was told three days maximum is this true or false? If anyone has any insight into this I would greatly appreciate it!!??

5. El pollo loco

El pollo loco Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2016
    U still in sygma bro pm me

6. New trucker1

New trucker1 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Do sygma have automatic trucks?

7. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    Depends if they have any older trucks. But I'd say 90% will be autos

8. Sireditone

Sireditone Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Who can i talk in fl,orlando my name is joe

9. Sireditone

Sireditone Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Who can i talk in fl for a job

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.