Foodliner, DBA, Gless Bros, Blue Grass Ia.

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by im6under, Jun 8, 2008.

1. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I try to put a minimum of 10k a year in regardless of earnings. My last job used a profit sharing approach with an unknown formula for determining their contribution. I think my best year I got $1,800 from them or less than 2%. As I said earlier an instant 35% return on investment is nothing to sneeze at.

I will however concede my annoyance at the one year delay for them to get moving. It is rather like their vacation plan which also doesn't seem to fit a company that only hires experience.

I keep coming back to the fact that I work 10-15 less hours a week yet make as much or slightly more than I did before.

On another note I will be taking a break from bailing out the Questliner Waterloo drivers/pud pullers to spend some quality time bailing out the Foodliner crowd. Gotta drag a Foodliner trailer from Chicago out to New Hampshire(Which I am sure is lovely this time of year).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    I got the company propaganda report in the mail with my check. It showed how they are supposedly having a hard time negotiating favorable rates. I know for a fact that I am pulling loads that are paying around $3 a mile. Of course this is only 1 way, but the latest is that they want us to pull loads on the way back. They are ADM loads. I'm sure these are paying at least $2 a mile. These people aren't hurting. They could pay a bit better and contribute to a man's retirement. They do have profit sharing. I'm sure they will cry poor though when the time comes to pay out. There is a 7 year vesting schedule for that.

4. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    did another run to the over flow place...

scaled in and pulled around the end lining up beside the tank, did my hard right, left, right, to prepare to back up...

g.o.a.l. (yes I'm a good boy)

start to back up and what do I see in the mirror ????

A guy in a red chemsuit holding a respirator and backing me in the hole !!!!

did we stir up a little trouble last week???

:biggrin_25516:yep, gotta wear the suit and respirator and sit here and babysit while the load is emptying...

ok, so tell me... how do you know when to shut it all down ???

:biggrin_25516:they're still working on it but for now if it blows out the top its full...

:biggrin_2554:good plan... rotflmao !!!!:biggrin_2552:

5. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Huh? You scaled in? I pulled to that stop sign and waited for the light to change like a putz. After a few minutes of futility I rolled it up on the scale. Still not a soul around and now I am staring at the sign that says "No getting out on scale". Finally see a guy waving at me from amoung the tanks so I hop out (I am not a good little communist) and he tells me I gotta back off the scale and on around the corner to the unload spot. Seems on my day someone had screwed a different pooch somewhere else in the tank farm. Place was a friggin' joke.

I asked about the light and scale when I was leaving and got told "We don't scale aqua loads"

6. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    they didn't used to scale them but that has changed now... and they also don't grab a sample and start pumping... now they take the sample and run it over to the lab guy who swirls it around and says it looks ok and then they come back and start unloading...

yep... lab guy just ok's that nothing is floating in the jar... no actual testing.

7. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Don't belittle the lab guy. That white coat cost him four semesters at the local community college.

8. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    really? it costs me $20 bucks of drive time everytime I go there now... I wonder who will have more invested in the long run? :biggrin_2554:

9. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
  10. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    They don't pay for wait time unless it exceeds 2 hours. I'm not sure this is with every company they own, but I bet it is.

11. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    You get paid for the unload and the suit up so it isn't a total loss.

On another note I took a foodliner load out to NH and didn't find out till the way back that it should pay .44 a mile. Apparently there is a four cent bump for doing another terminals work. Down right decent of them. The unload was a disaster with me being stuck there for 7.5 hours. I had one truck ahead of me an the most unmotivated fellow handling the unload. They were only taking half the tank at a time with a gap of a bit over an hour between each unloading stint.:biggrin_25510: Ah well at least it was a really nice time of year to be out there.

david07003 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.