Foodliner, DBA, Gless Bros, Blue Grass Ia.

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by im6under, Jun 8, 2008.

1. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    I was just on foodliners website and it shows a terminal in Kalamazoo, MI. Can anyone confirm there is a terminal, and if they have trucks based out of there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    They got something going on there. It might just be a yard at a railhead or mill. I've never been there. Call them?

4. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    bob must keep that money if you work out of waterloo...??? because I'm always down bailing out those ottumwa guys and I ain't never seen a penny of it...:biggrin_255:

rotflmao!!!

5. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I asked about all the times I had to haul a case of pampers up to Waterloo but apparently the catch(Because it wouldn't be life without a catch) is you have to be gone for one or two nights to qualify.

im6under Thanks this.
  6. godslove139

godslove139 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Lapeer,MI
    I left Foodliner Dayton,OH terminal in January 2009.It was a joke,Mechanic was lazy could not get stuff fixed.That got done when i got over to Eddyville.The dayton terminal is one big soap opera.Jeff DM is a micro manager.Your lucky to make 400 a week. I left back to making 1600.00 a week..

david07003 Thanks this.
  7. truckinusa

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    I agree with you. With their stupid appointment times, stupid requests, low miles it generally sucks. BTW where are you making $1600 a week!!??? PM me if you like.

david07003 Thanks this.
  8. godslove139

Jun 1, 2009
    Lapeer,MI
    I been mowing lawns

9. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    we've got two extra guys on at waterloo... only one extra IMO but I'm still doing well.

5 day week of good runs then the weekend off...

then a week plus a saturday or sunday...

on your long week the runs get rotated long / short / long

out over night about once every other week or so...

business seems fairly steady though we still, every couple of weeks, will have a day with 5 runs to deal out to 14 guys... minor panic... and then the next day the schedule is stuffed...??? more a thing of customers holding the orders then faxing them all in thursday night.. lol

I have no real clue how well we are really doing... my pay and hours and time is all good for me but I of course also want the company to be doing well also...

seems from my travels that the segment of our customer base that was hit hardest by the economy is actually coming back...

had a few guys laying off employees or closing down for a week or so here and there but all have been steady the last 60 days. (Good for them and us) :biggrin_25519:

I haven't actually looked at my pay stub in months... it is lower now than it was when I first started... but we were down a guy plus that was prior to the ka'boom-anomics...

all said, this is still by far the best place I have ever worked and I have no real complaints. (e-logs excluded):biggrin_2552:

stupid computer generated BS !!! (baby sitter) hehehe

10. godslove139

Jun 1, 2009
    Lapeer,MI
    no the truck out of kalamazoo are out of chicago terminal,just a yard at a costomer

11. truckinusa

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    I'm already thinking about jumping ship. No loads for a week again. I can understand when its a holiday, but not now. You would think they could find me something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.