Foodliner, DBA, Gless Bros, Blue Grass Ia.

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by im6under, Jun 8, 2008.

1. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    our driver appreciation is donuts and juice while being reamed for crashing trucks and crappy fuel mileage...:biggrin_25524:

never met greg??? what's his function?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    Greg Mccoy? He's the owner. The Chattanooga terminal acts as though they would lick his feet for toe jam if they were asked to. He sounds like a stingy ####### to me. Every time they mention his name it is all about pinching pennies.

4. roadteam13

roadteam13 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2009
    South Carolina
    oh man can we relate to this write up...keep watching for MORE! operations here are ridiculous to say the least.

5. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    ohhhh that greg... nope never met him... never heard the penny pinch stories either... but it makes sense...???

if you want to pad the seat with crumpled hundreds... your gonna have to pinch those pennies like a miser to make it happen...

did our saftey meeting last saturday...

RICK is alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good ol rick.....

and he actually gave a good presentation...

pictures of an uh-ohhh... don't want to be that guy...

pictures of dirty trucks... wayyyyyyy!!!! worse than mine.... and I'm a piggy... but this stuff was just uncalled for nasty...

gave us our report card....

mine sucks... apparently crashing the truck will do that...

a few log violations... which I'm not saying nothing... there just must be a mistake somewhere.... cuz I turned in better logs than that...:yes2557:

asked if I had any questions...

nope its all fairly clear... from the score... I'm realllllll luckyyyyyy to still be here and if I even scratch a tire I'm gone....

which... I'm not complaining... I did smear some very expensive ugly on the truck... and you gotta figure you've put yourself under the gun when you let that sorta thing happen.

whatelse...?

tim brings better donuts...

my score will improve over time.... log violations clear after X number of months....

truck...??? well they'll probably be holding just a smidge of a grudge on that one... 5 years or so...

I'm #2 on fuel mileage...

nobody cared but me... lol

but I'm gonna be number one next month... cuz I hate being number 2.

david07003 Thanks this.
  6. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Rick must be trying to save a buck buy bring day old donuts. I liked it better when he was sitting in a truck in GA waiting to respond at a moments notice. Gotta keep an eye on that guy...he's a trouble maker.:yes2557:

One of you guys had the hands down messiest truck. How a human can even get in there was beyond me.

I like your attitude about wanting to raise your milage to be number one. With good effort and a little practice I'm sure you can pull a 5.2 and rise to the top of the heap. Well I am off to FL with a load of high boiler. 1200+ down loaded and 1200+ back empty. We belive in Ottumwa that the secret to high milage is to run the tanks empty.:biggrin_25525:

im6under and david07003 Thank this.
  7. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    *cough* *cough*

5.2???? not me dude... I was lumpin da hills at 70 and still got a 6.

yeah... I saw the picks on the guys truck... ROTFLMAO!!!! I wonder how that conversation went???

you know the only reason they didn't can the guy was they couldn't find anybody to clean it up... they had to keep him and make him do it himself...:biggrin_2551:

david07003 Thanks this.
  8. david07003

david07003 Light Load Member

Are there specific company based wash facilities that you have to use?

9. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    hydrite does 98% of my washing because I'm dedicated to them... so I'm not the guy to ask I imagine...

another one percent in bluegrass cuz questliner owns it :biggrin_255:

another one percent at tac in chicago... we have an account there...

probably more like 99.5% hydrite... 18 months and I can count on one hand the off site washes...

did I mention I love hydrite...:yes2557:

david07003 Thanks this.
  10. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    We have that whole truckwash directory in the permit book. There are alot that we use but I'm not sure if any of them are part of a chain. Is there even a chain of tank washes?

I have been sent to TAC but also have been sent a mile or two farther to a Carry tank wash.

david07003 Thanks this.
  11. david07003

david07003 Light Load Member

Some companies make the driver wash when they get back to the yard. But of course that cant always be done when you are OTR, plus some companies want it done by dedicated wash workers to avoid any kind of lazy driver who really didnt wash type of thing. It looks to me that more of the dedicated bulk carriers are refering the drivers to wash facilities. What do you think?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.