For those of us who use gasoline generators for an apu

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Hulld, May 7, 2020.

1. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Yes, the diesel engine was invented because the exhaust won't kill anyone. Seriously? You were joking, right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I will get rid of my gasoline generator at the same time they outlaw all the grass burner exhausts, a 5 " pipe hooked to a 14 litre engine pumping out something other than oxygen which while it might not kill me in one night, it sure as heck will damage my health.

jsnell and Tug Toy Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Whatever,. Just let your fellow trucker parked next to you with windows down know, when decide to run it.

5. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    My point was a diesel generator or engine idling at truck stop should not kill someone, but lots of people like go cheap and get gasoline generator. They might not understand that a gasoline generator is bad idea on a truck. Even on RV if they park at truck stop with everyone parked next to each other. Lots of people see the new emissions trucks with weed burner exhaust and don't know how clean they are, and think a gasoline generator is just as good.

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    The new emissions weed burning exhaust is a lot more clean burning then you little gasoline generator. Probably

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Thank You!
    I appreciate it.
    Certainly a literal wake up call for me.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    The problem with a truck exhaust, even the brand new fully equipped emissions one is the fact that it is putting out gasses almost devoid of oxygen, mostly CO2. It displaces the oxygen in the immediate vicinity, in very large quantities.
    Here is an article about how hazardous "clean diesels" exhaust really is, from a trade journal covering fire apparatus, warning firemen who have to be around them just like we are.
    "Clean Diesel" Engine Emissions: Still Not Clean Enough - Fire Apparatus

And my earlier post indicated I have a stack as high as the roof. And the generator is California compliant.

9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Yea. More laws! In fact we need more laws about making laws so that when they make laws, they're following the law about the law.

I don't like reefers running next to me, I think there should be a law against reefers parking next to other trucks not pulling reefer trailers. I'm tired of your noise pollution bothering me.

D.Tibbitt and 401-Alex Thank this.
  10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Let's say unwritten law. Gentlemen law.
    I vote yes!

11. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Nope. A real law. Because laws save us from ourselves!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.