For those of you who have been through the covid-19 ordeal...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Where can we get masks now? Are they still out everywhere?

As for zinc, There are some light studies that show that if you keep a fair amount of it circulating through your bloodstream it actually can help block the virus from replicating if it gets in you. But zinc you can overdose on so don’t go crazy with it. Just take maybe the double recommend daily amount should be fine. 50 mg per day should be suffice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    There are videos floating around and commercials on TV how to make your own homemade mask. All you need is 2 rubber bands and some type of cloth.

I went to the motorcycle store and bought a couple of motley tubes.

All you need is anything to cover your face.

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    If it breaks it needed replacement in the first place

5. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    How is it even possible to say that someone got sick '21 days' after catching the virus??? What kind of black magic or smoke and mirrors is medical science and doctors using to say they can pinpoint how many days AFTER you catch the virus that you became sick?

6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    10 days ago the prime minister of England tested positive for coronavirus, so it's safe to assume that he was exposed to it at least a few days before that since he wouldn't have tested positive until enough of the virus built up in his system to show on the test. Last night he came down with a high fever and was hospitalized 10 days after the positive test. While they probably can't pinpoint exactly who he caught it from, it's a safe bet that he was exposed to it 14 to 20 days before he got sick. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure it out.

x1Heavy and snowwy Thank this.
  7. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    I read that hes hospitalized because of persistent symptoms. Meaning, theyre not going away so they put him in the hospital.

lynchy and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’m still waiting to know where you’re getting all of this medical advice from. Who gives medical advice over the internet without stating where the information is coming from. C’mon man. You should know better.

9. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    Zinc is not medicine, zinc is nutrition, and an extremely potent immune system force multiplier

10. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

And we all know many people, including yourself, use it as a medicine. So I ask again, where are you getting your zinc dosage recommendations from? Why are you avoiding this question?

11. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    When it is all said and done it will be found that this virus has been in this country (and others) since November or December 2019.
    California alone had an average of 5100 people a day flying into its airports from China and especially the Wuhan area. Then add up all the other major cities like Seattle Chicago and NYC.
    Many people probably just thought it was just the flu.
    Reading all of the symptoms I am sure I had it back in December.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.