For those with legal/driving record questions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by luvmyhubby, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Irondog

Irondog Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    ..each companies qualifications may differ a bit. Just be truthful on the application. If it asks about reckless in the past 3...you're good...if it asks about EVER...then...answer it.
    It may be according to the severity of the reckless behavior, also. Like I said, just be honest and you'll get a job....with someone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BattleTested

BattleTested Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2011
    WA
    Without his help? Are you blind? He clearly states he was paying over 2,000 dollars a month for 1 child...1 child. It would seem to me that his other half could of just as well saved that for hard times as well, i pay monthly to my other half as well, and its no where near 2,000 a month, this guys is trying to do right by his children at the cost of his house and his company...

I hope you get those fee's removed friend...and the intrest as well.

coconut and Irondog Thank this.
  4. coconut

coconut Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2011
    plymouth, ma
    Jeddomike, I didn't say you were picking on me, I just said you were simple.I had my business for over fifteen years, and I did put some money away.I didn't see the recession coming. Did you?Once the jobs stopped coming in I began living off my savings still paying $2,200 a month, hoping things would come back. It goes pretty fast at that amount. Eventually I got into my retirement account(I'm 56) trying to keep up my payments.When I could no longer pay my mortgage I still paid my child support.I used my credit cards for cash, I couldn't pay my taxes, I went bankrupt.Too bad you weren't around to advise,I'm sure you would have known what to do.

5. capital 48

capital 48 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    Nope jeddomike could not pull his head out long enought to advise on anything. has no Idea what it takes.

Joescheppae Q Thanks this.
  6. CaliforniaGuy

CaliforniaGuy Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Lodi, Ca
    "In a parking lot" If I hit another trucks bumper with my rear tire while pulling out of a parking spot does this go on my driving record? I was in training and got all frustrated when this ### drove up on me real fast and left me no room to pull forward and straighten up. He just sat there staring at me so I pulled out and barely hit the guy next to me. There was minor damages to the corner of his front bumper and no injuries, the police were not called but we did exchange information through safety. My employer "CRST" has not said anything about it since and it's been two weeks... Am I looking at 2 1/2 points here? Since 1 point got accident at fault and being commercial we incur points at one and one-half the rate of a noncommercial driver.

7. Huey

Huey Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello i had a ticket last year. On the dmv report it says: Driving, overtaking and passing. I went to traffic school for it but i guess the court never received proof.. So the traffic school sent proof again to the court. My question is when court removes from dmv report does this show up on some other report when i go to apply for a driving job?

Thanks for any help

8. whatalife

whatalife Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2011
    they consider omission of fact to be a lie.

9. SteveF

SteveF Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi. I have a couple questions. I've been driving for about a year now and received a ticket last week for driving on a restricted road (in PA), for being too wide. My trucks width is 102", and the width limit on the road was 8 feet.

Also, earlier this year I received a ticket for being overweight on drives.

My main questions are, do these count as moving violations and should I expect points to go on my licence?

And would it be worth it for me to go to court over, or should I just pay?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  10. kingdeeLBC

kingdeeLBC Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Long Beach, CA
    Hey fellow truckers, I have a question about my mvr.3 1/2 years ago I got arrested for DUI in California. It wasn't for alcoholic it was for pot. But I wasn't even the one that was smoking it. It was a girlfriend that I was with at the time. We were parked in the car around midnight or so when a security guard called the cops on us and didn't let us leave the parking lot we were parked at until the cops came (2hrs later ) he had us blocked in with his car. I had nothing to hide so I patiently waited. Then after I denied everything he arrested me and cited me for DUI. He said that my eyes were red( but happened to pass every test that he gave me). Then at the station they drew blood and did other test and thee me in the holding tank for 6-8 hrs and released me w/ a DUI citation. I knew I had nothing to hide cuz the ticket never made it to court!! It's been over 3 years and nothing ever came up. They kept my CDL and said it will b suspended in 30 days.2 week from the day of my arrest the dmv re enstated my CDL and my new CDL came in the mail. The only thing is the arrest is on my mvr & and it say my CDL was suspended for 2 weeks then re enstated.CAN EMPLOYERS FINDOUT ABOUT THIS? WILL THEY ASK WHAT HAPPENED? IT NEVER MADE IT TO COURT, SHOULD I BE UP FRONT & MENTION WHAT HAPPENED?

11. kingdeeLBC

kingdeeLBC Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Long Beach, CA
    I just checked my mvr and actually my license wa suspended 30 days after thee arrest and re enstated on its own.34 days later. So my license was actually only suspended for 34 days. I hired a Loyer and she ended up having to refund my $$ cuz there was no case. As for the girl I was with, she was able to walk away cuz she wasn't the on driving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.