Forgot to mention something to my recruiter!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Casper323, Jul 13, 2013.

1. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    that's stupid.if it isn't on his record,they need to know nothing about it.it still qualifies as clean if it isn't on there and therefore it is none of anyone's business-

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    A "Failure to appear" is only a misdemeanor. Doesn't sound like the OP was ever charged with a failure to appear therefore there is no record of conviction. The judged issued a fine and gave him until September to pay it. Dude has nothing to worry about. Get in the bus. Pay the fine and focus on your training.

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  4. Casper323

Casper323 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Los Angeles,CA
    It was for a fix-it ticket. My drivers license is active(never been suspended before), I sent my recruiter a copy of my driving record and there was no problems. This fix it ticket is the only ticket I've ever gotten. I got it fixed and went to a police station to show proof that I fixed it(tail-light was broken), but I didn't know I still had to go to court.

I just tried going online to pay it but I will have to wait until tomorrow morning because they have a certain schedule to be able to use their online services.

5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    You'll be fine. Don't stress over it. Good luck on your training.

123456 Thanks this.
  6. Casper323

Casper323 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Los Angeles,CA
    Thank you! =)

7. Boka

Boka Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't understand why do you need to go to the court if you have fixed your taillight? I've gotten two tickets in past one for tinting windows and one for brake light not working. I went to the police station the next day after i've taken care of it (tickets were received few months apart) and police officers signed it and i just gave them to court clerk at window that was it, never had to go to court.
    Now there are different laws for different states, but i do hope you get that taken care of and get a job
    Good luck

8. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
    If you get on that bus and they find out you will be sent home at orintation call monday and tell them you had something come up and need to take care of it

9. driver7702003

driver7702003 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    FLORIDA
    It will show up as faulty lights after you pay the ticket but it will not hurt you its no points or not in northcarolina any way i got one 3 weeks ago

10. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Sent home for what? Should he tell his recruiter next time he drops a deuce too?

x#1 Thanks this.
  11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Because a lot of applications ask you if you have been convicted of a crime or traffic violation in the past so many years. If you put none and they find something later they consider you lying. They don't like drivers that withhold information.

The only one that can answer the question is the recruiter. I would talked to him as soon as they open Monday. Whether you get on the bus or not is a gamble. The ones that pull wool over their eyes in their view doesn't get a bus ticket home. Companies train new students every 1-4 weeks. You can always go to the next class.

pattyj Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.