Forgot to mention something to my recruiter!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Casper323, Jul 13, 2013.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    It's not so much the infraction as it is withholding information. Like post #2 says... how do you forget something like that? Since it was in not over with you deliberately left it off in hoping they would not find out about it. Then you heard about background checks on here and are having second thoughts. That's how I see it and that's how they are going to see it. Should they trust you with a $130,000 worth of equipment with $150,000 worth of freight? You might forget where you put the trailer. :)

I don't know about CA but here in TN Failure to Appear they come arrest you and you bond out or they hold you until you see the judge.

Either talk with the recruiter or take you an extra couple hundred with you to cover a bus ride home. You don't want to be stuck there with no ride home.

Nobody on here can tell what's going to happen. Many drivers have been sent packing for withholding background information or a failed drug test. Then on the other hand there are people like me that found out about a problem when they were 16 the day to get the CDL. The company stood by me while I cleared it up.

Just like waiting the last minute to pay the ticket you are waiting until the last minute to clear this up with the company. Get out of that bad habit and take care of things asap. Trucking is the last place you want to procrastinate. Your whole life is a schedule.

Boka and Charli Girl Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    If the FTA is on his MVR how is he withholding information? The OP stated that he sent in his MVR and the recruiter told him everything was good. They dont arrest you in CA for an FTA. They send a notice and if it is not taken care of they suspend your drivers license until the FTA is cleared up. I had an FTA in 2010. I've never mentioned it and its never came back on a background search other than being listed on my MVR.

x#1 Thanks this.
  4. xTHANATOPSISx

xTHANATOPSISx Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    A PENDING FINE IS NOT A PENDING CHARGE!

If the sentence is already handled, the matter is settled. Everyone seems to think this guy has to still appear. Or is subject to having something new appear on his mvr or criminal background. That isn't the case according to the OP. He went to court, got a reduced fine and agreed to pay it by Sept. That is it. Case closed. Pay online and it done forever.

Why is this so difficult to understand? If the OP is being honest and accurate then all he has to worry about is getting that paycheck to pay the fine.

HotH2o and x#1 Thank this.
  5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Some people just don't get it and never will.

x#1 Thanks this.
  6. Casper323

Casper323 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Los Angeles,CA
    I decided to skip the bus just to be safe. I wanna make it clear to the recruiter that I need to pay the court this amount, and if it's okay for me to start training. I didn't want them to ask me why I didn't mention this beforehand, and send me home because of it.

Thank you all for the info. I have read many stories about people being sent home and I didn't want to be one of those people. Maybe it would've been fine, but I just wanted to be safe. Don't want to start my trucking career on a bad note. I'm in no hurry.

God bless! :)

7. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Keep us updated!

8. Casper323

Casper323 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Los Angeles,CA
    I got a call from my recruiter this morning. I told him about the fact that I still need to pay the court $350.00 for the FTA, and I asked him if this would be a problem. He said I need to pay it, print out a copy of the receipt, and send it to him. So it seems like I made the right decision in not getting on that bus yesterday. He told me to call him once I make the payment, and he will schedule me for next Monday.

Thanks again for the help truckers. :smt023

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.