Former carrier reported 2 accidents on my background check.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by TankerYanker36, Apr 27, 2023.

1. TankerYanker36

TankerYanker36 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    This is great! Thanks so much. I did see this one and thought of following up on it. Think I'm gonna do that. Much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    Thanks for that great input. Yeah it was a while ago but I remember making sure the empty chasis was low to where It lifted when I backed into it. On the tug test I saw it didn't latch. I did get out to make sure the release are was out, tried again and still no luck. Maybe the release arm was out too far or locked in place somehow?

Or maybe I did something wrong, after researching on high hooks, it doesn't look like a bent release arm handle could be the result of a high hook.

I could be wrong though.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Biagi Bros
    3PL Services Southern California
    (LOS ANGELES, MONTCLAIR, ONTARIO, CHATSWORTH, CHINO)

[​IMG]

6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Oh wait, your DAC report from Schneider is preventing you from getting another job..? I’m flabbergasted :)

Where are the shills for Schneider when posts like this appear.

TankerYanker36 Thanks this.
  7. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    It's not even on the DAC report.
    My DAC report is clear.
    They reported it to a consumer reporting agency called iix, who I guess works with Driver IQ.

Concorde Thanks this.
  8. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Yah, I know there’s a few of those tattletale reporting agencies around.. I just throw out the DAC one since it seems like the one most affected drivers complain about.

In a previous thread the company shills told me I was full of BS about DAC ruining drivers careers..

Just have to find a company that doesn’t look up that kind of stuff..or is understanding that these minor incidents happen with new drivers.

If I was hiring (I’m not) none of that would bother me if you learned from it..

9. TankerYanker36

Mar 19, 2014
    Oh it definitely ruins careers. Another driver told me that Schneider loves to pile things on driver's records to keep them stuck there.

Concorde Thanks this.
  10. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    That’s exactly what I was talking about!

You’re their slave driving for them and if you quit…we’ll make sure you struggle finding another job.

Try putting an ad in the jobs wanted section of TTR..someone may have something to offer you. I’ve worked for two people that I met on TTR and both were great experiences..both I’d consider going back to.

TankerYanker36 Thanks this.
  11. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    Just be thankful you are on here instead of that other well known forum. Those boot lickers get paid to make sure noone "bad mouths" certain mega carriers.

Dflip, TankerYanker36 and Concorde Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.