Former TQL employee: ask away

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JosiahS, Jan 26, 2021.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Very well put !!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    What questions do you ask to insure that you have hired the right folks for the job???

4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Some here know where I'm from .
    In 2018 I saw a couple guys i know that have theyre own trucks and authority rape and rob 3pls and brag about it .
    Both are now dam near broke and deadhead a long ways for a load ...
    The market corrected and the people that got hosed remember that .

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I’m a carrier and broker, do I get two gold stars? :D Or two F yous? haha

I can’t believe he is a year and a half already. That’s crazy. Mine is now 4 and a half. Time flies. Btw... yes, two yrs is easier. Get him a strider bike when it warms up. Trust me.

IMO it’s not because they “raped and robbed” the 3pls that they are now struggling. It’s because they were never good at what they do to begin with and came in at a time that was easy to make a turd business model shine.

6. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    As it does so often with anything in this job, it depends on the load. I try to get a gauge on a carrier's familiarity with a product, check their CSA scores carefully, look back on past work they've done for my company and me, and check after insurance and equipment. In some cases we have folks we prefer to work with because of the quality work they've done for us. The process looks different for bagged sand, steel barstock, or say a CAT D9.

7. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    He's got one already- my brother bought him one for his birthday. Last night was hilarious- he was running around full tilt and bodyslamming closed doors.

Midwest Trucker and Dale thompson Thank this.
  8. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Do the brokers talk smack about drivers when they hang up the phone?
    Especially drivers with a accent be it north south east west , Eastern Europe?

bzinger, Dale thompson and JosiahS Thank this.
  9. JosiahS

JosiahS Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    At TQL, absolutely. They even put it on speaker phone and people will gather around to hear the conversation and laugh.

10. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Speaking for my office - not really. Worst we get is while a transfer is en route, "Hey man, good luck understanding this guy." On any given day, I speak to folks who's countries of origin are Eastern Europe, India, Mexico, or the US proper. There's one lady dispatcher that occasionally calls us with an Australian accent, and I booked a guy who's dispatch was an English gal. It takes all kinds, and there's all kinds in this job.

11. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    When you're talking to someone and you hear another person telling someone about their car warranty expiring, you just know that carrier may be a problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.