Fort Worth,TX Is Jacking Up Parking Fines January 1st

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Good. Just because a truck fits does not mean it's a parking spot. Lazy drivers parking all over the place makes it hard for the few that try and park legally.

SixShooterTransport Thanks this.
  3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Part of the problem is that most of the truck stops around the DFW Metroplex are closer to Dallas-and most of them are seedy places where you have to sleep with one eye open (literally). There are actually only about two near Fort Worth city limits. And given that area’s reputation, they’re all but guaranteed to be constantly full.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I don’t want local drivers in local truck stops taking spaces from drivers passing through. I think it’s the local drivers parking on residential and commercial streets [nightly and weekends] that is the biggest contributor to the problem and who these tickets will ultimately be directed to.

There are numerous businesses in the area who provide dedicated space for monthly fees. If there are not enough then property and land owners need to realize the rental income potential and create more pay by month truck parking slots.

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    And that’s part of the problem as well. The minute someone mentions truck parking there are NIMBYS coming out of the woodwork screaming they don’t want to hear trucks idling near them.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  6. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    I don't want to hear them either oversized Stacks making noise all the time in the middle of the day and night waking everybody up and they don't care jailbreaking with empty trailers yep same thing bunch of morons

7. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas

Ah... The cat rule of "If I fits, I sits"

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had such contempt in my time for parking tickets. Ive paid them promptly. Provided they were filled out correctly.

I should not say too much because at some point someone might harden tickets of that kind into something that will stay on a record etc.

Fort Worth to me was not worth stopping anyway. Whatever was done was done in the old Terrell (East Dallas) 76 in those days.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    On a related note. (This is more of a rant than anything)

I ended up with a McLane - Arlington, TX load for 23:00 Sunday. I thought I was going to do myself a favor, arrive at 10:00 Sunday and have my choice of curb parking along the circular drive that has "No Parking" signs everywhere.

Well. I arrive to find virtually the entire drive of useable parking slots is ALREADY full of trucks. Upon closer inspection, it becomes apparent probably half of these are probably not unloading tonight, and probably belong to local drivers at home for the weekend.

Moral of the story is. Sunday night/Monday AM receivers? Better arrive SATURDAY if street parking is an option. Here, street parking is technically and legally not an option, but the realties of HOS rules and dealing with late night deliveries and next morning pickups [where an 8 or 10 can not be completed in the interim], there is really no choice.

THIS IS WHY WE MUST get the HOS rules to allow breaks less than 8 hours to be counted (more flexible break options). The fact that a 7:59 minute break or a 5 hour break is meaningless and a waste of time [and 14 hour clock] is ridiculous and sounds so much like bureaucratic, big government BS.

If a 5 hour break [for example] would be worth anything, I'd have lots more clock management options between the receiver and the next shipper and to cross Dallas to Garland, without dealing with traffic

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.