Frac sand opportunity, too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Akwilson, May 9, 2018.

1. MTTLLC

MTTLLC Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2020
    What’s the name of this company? Do you know if they’re still pulling boxes out of the PA area. I’m looking to lease on with a reputable one. Seems like a lot of fly by night companies around and I’ve heard bad things such as them telling guys they’ll pay them after 21 days and they get nothing. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    5 or 6 loads a day is possible under 25 miles. Consistently everyday is another story. We’ve all heard the best stories but none are consistent. I am up in PA and my first 3 days with a 38 mile haul I got in 20 loads but haven’t been close to that since.

There are lots of factors that will determine how many loads you’ll get. How good is the frac crew? How fast is the load out? The traffic getting from load out to the location. Is there a staging yard you have to go to first and get in line?

remember that the oil companies are running on shoe string budgets because of the lesson of 2014. OPEC could just flood the market with cheap oil and bring down the price of oil to $20 a barrel. Every oil producer is preparing for that again so they will demand service companies to do things at half of what it was pre-2014.

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Resource Transport. If i remember their yard is in perryoplis pa. Don't know if they'll let you lease on or not. We ran our own #s

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.