Free showers from loves

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, May 23, 2020.

1. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NJ
    In the last week despite having a credit and points on my card I got a free shower eat loves twice. I gave employee my card and they handed me shower ticket and said don’t worry about it. Shout out to loves. I don’t expect anything for free but giving me a free shower is awesome. Anybody been given a free shower before? loves or somewhere else.

2. Michael 247

Michael 247 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Va
    Yes..Some Truck stops will give u a free shower..Most Drivers have an extra shower on there card...Most of the time the first or second driver I ask will help..

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There was a time when the people at the fuel desk would just give you a shower if you asked. Especially if the showers weren't real busy.

D.Tibbitt and WildTiger1990 Thank this.
  4. Badmon

Badmon Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    When I first got on the road my very first shower the clerk gave it to me bless her soul. Another time I was outta points and the guy behind me gave me one of his freebies

5. Blue Zombie Trucker

Blue Zombie Trucker Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2017
    NW MT
    I was fueling at the Pilot at Tumwater today, and while I'm pumping, a guy asked if I had an extra shower. I ###### near forgot DEF, because my routine was interrupted. Too bad for him. If he had waited until I was done, I'd have given him a shower off my card. Do not ####ing interrupt me while I'm working.

6. Truckin joe81

Truckin joe81 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2020
    Can't beat a free shower... Especially in the clutch.... Shout out to good heart people who go above and beyond..

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    The great state of TN
    I'm sure he had no idea that you were trying to pump DEF or fuel....anyway, I have no issue giving drivers a shower. I always have shower power. A time or 2, I've had truck stop employees give me a free shower. If you have any track record of fuel at a spot, they'll just give you one

8. ronjeremyjr

ronjeremyjr Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2020
    NJ
    So it’s not just me who’s gotten a free shower occasionally. Like I said earlier shout out to love’s for showing love.

9. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    This winter when I-80 was closed the Petro in Laramie was giving out free showers. I've gotted free ones occasionally at Love's, P/J and Petro. Love's seems to be the best at dong this. It might not be that big of a deal but it is to me, if only for the thought of it. I always really appreciate things like that. They don't have to, so it is really nice when they are thoughtful enough to do it.

ronjeremyjr Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted