Freemont Contract Carriers (FCC)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by FlexinTarzan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Thank you Cowpie. I can't say how grateful I am for you taking the time.
    I have been struggling for 4 years and am about ready to give up. I have been leased to Crete (pathetic), a bunch of Russians out of Florida (crooked), a good ol' boy outfit out of Texas (tricky but ok), run my own authority for 1 & 3/4 yrs (hopeless) and have just been tossed by Landstar who were much work for little return, a BIG dissapointment.
    I am looking for somewhere to settle down and stay for good. I don't want the stars just enough to run my little business. $2000 / week will do it.
    I was impressed with FCC when I spoke to the recruiter and have been digging around about them. I have been unable to find anything extraordinarily bad about them. They seem to be a good company.
    I shall apply.
    Thanks again for your input, you just helped another OO.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    My pal mr. James monagahan was leased to FCC for about 15 years ( now deceased).. He never had a bad word to say about them other than the usaul bs you will find anywhere and Jim told it how it was ..never driven for em myself but have several friends that were there for years and they also spoke highly of them ..hope that helps .

mp4694330 and izifaddag Thank this.
  4. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    That sounds right for an average gross with those numbers - about 3043 miles a week

5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep typical poopy contract rate
    S and why I never made the jump .

Jonkie Thanks this.
  6. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Well, one has to look beyond the base rate. Substantial fuel discounts, discounts on insurance, free base plates, free permits, free tolls, no trailer fees, no hidden charges, pretty decent detention compensation, etc. And I just got the tax return done for 2015.... every weekend off, every holiday off, by the house at least once per week and usually 2-3 times (and no dedicated route stuff either), 4 weeks off (not all at once), my own BCBS medical insurance not thru the carrier (and not some plan via the wife, as she doesn't work), and my net was $65K. $77K if you factor back in the freebie daily meal allowance deduction. I don't spend in one week on food while in the truck what the government allows me to deduct per day.

Yeah, just another poopy contract deal. Have no clue why I keep my truck on at FCC.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    KF7WTV, runningman0661, Jonkie and 2 others Thank this.
  7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Nota bad deal cowpie ! Good company , just not my gig .

Jonkie Thanks this.
  8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Oh and gota add when Jim died they treated his widow well too ! ..total class !

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  9. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I'm curious as to what ' 4 weeks off not all at once means '. Do you not set your schedule ?

10. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    No, that means I took 4 weeks off of my choosing, but I didn't take them all off at one time. A week in May, and 3 weeks in November. I don't have a "schedule". I decide when my truck rolls.

Jonkie Thanks this.
  11. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Well unfortunately FCC have not done what they told me they would do so my application is collecting cobwebs somewhere. They told me that if there was difficulty getting a response from a previous carrier we could use a 1099.
    It would take a week and I could be in orientation.
    It is well into the 2nd week, they don't want my 1099s and I am not in orientation.
    I got a bunch of Russians who hate me in Florida. They want me to take down a thread I started on Truckers Report and so are going to wait the legally allowed 30 days to respond.
    The company in Texas is out of business.
    So I found somebody else who is more interested in getting me going than playing ring a round the roses.
    What a shame! I really think FCC would have been a decent fit. Only heard good stuff and according to Cowpie there is a living to be made there. His net I have never seen in my 8 years trucking.
    Maybe I will try again when I am more able to wait around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.