Freemont Contract Carriers (FCC)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by FlexinTarzan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Lenham , from what I hear they are pretty picky and are big on having all theyr bases covered ...back in 2006 I pissed off they're recruiter at a bar and they still won't talk to me lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Applied to them 2 weeks ago and got my acceptance this week. In orientation the week of April 11. Have 2 friends that are lease O/O and they have been very happy with them.

4. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Welcome aboard! See truck 999 give a shout!

5. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Nice easy number to remember. New number 532.

6. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Turn it upside down and you'll be shaking hands with the devil

7. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    More than once someone has pointed that out! LOL. My primary motivation for selecting 999 for my truck was to allow the little bit of German to come out. Like if they want a load to go to New England or California. NINE! NINE! NINE!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Jonkie Thanks this.
  8. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I hear what you are saying and I don't blame them. However if one is serious about signing a driver on then each case has to be shepherded along. No two are the same. Stuff happens in trucking that can be quite unique in every case.
    I have a super history. No accidents, no tickets, no drug test problems, no medical problems, the equipment is adequate and in reasonable shape, a psp that doesn't say I stole a freight train. I'm a good guy and an asset to anybody's company.
    None of that is the problem.
    It is foot dragging over previous employers.
    All it takes is one company that wants to make a point by delaying giving information. They legally have 30 days to respond. A guy that is bleeding money and trying to get hooked up doesn't have 30 days to goof around.

Solution???

Sure, it is simple.
    1.Hiring company LISTENS to the applicant.
    2.Looks some stuff on the internet quickly uses brain and judgement on what is going on.
    3.Takes the mans 1099 (proving he worked there), at the same time sending a registered letter to the last known address of the foot dragger.
    4. These 2 things go into the mans hiring file. Due diligence has been done and all this can be done in a couple of hours.

When I had my own authority this is the method that I would have used. Of course I am motivated an employee recruiter isn't.
    So I report in to another, smaller, company on Monday morning at 8am. I have a better deal with this other company and we will see what happens in the future.
    Not done with FCC and believe me I will bet $100 that in about 4 weeks time I am going to get a phone call or an email asking me to come in for orientation. You see. No malice on either side just lack of shepherding.

bzinger and Jonkie Thank this.
  9. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    That is pretty lame. I have not kept up with how FCC does it's recruiting stuff over the years, but it is not good to hear such things. Probably why I avoid the office stuff as much as possible. For some time, I have not even remotely chatted with anyone in recruiting. Not a good representation of the company.

izifaddag Thanks this.
  10. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    It's ok Cowpie. Thank you for your help and input. I still believe - thanks to you - that the only decent company out there is FCC. They just have the usual larger company inflexibility. Not my fault or yours. This is what happens when a company starts with 'departments' and 'policies' instead of dealing with stuff as it rolls along. Not unusual and why I am going to a small guy. I am truck number 6. Hope it will be my future as I am bone tired of trying and trying only to trip up over and again. I just want to get on with it and take care of my family.

11. Cowpie1

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Well, my all my wishes and hopes that things work out for you. It is always disappointing to see someone "fall thru the cracks". Chins up and think positive!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.