Freight exchange of north america, llc.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by pawlaw04, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 1988pete379

1988pete379 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    North East TX
    Are yous still with F/X ? Got a chance to do a ( so called dedicated run ) :biggrin_2559:Ya right is what I am thinking , but the haul it loads about 30 miles from my house and it is about a 4.5 hr run and they say you are loaded both ways . And it is a drop and hook . Only thing that I do not like is the closest yrd that I have to go for orientation is near Dallas and the paper work I git says it is a 2,5 day ordeal Any advise will be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flyanywhere

flyanywhere Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Orem, Utah
    NO, I left the company! Drop and hook is a joke, if you sign up, you will find out that I am speaking the truth. Ad I mentioned I pulled he same trailer for weeks hauling mainly paper to and from, heavy loads. Very few light loads and they are usually, almost always live loads!!!! Ask about their fuel sur charge, How much it is? Is is no where near other companies, at least when I was with them. Back in April, my last load, the fsc was only about .25!!!! Good Luck

4. mr salty

mr salty Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2011
    liberty tx
    88pete...is the dedicated run out of longview tx or have to do with rexam? my short answer would be to stay away...let me know if that is the run, and i can fill u in more on it..(i ran it for 6 months)

5. 1988pete379

Feb 28, 2009
    North East TX
    I could not get a customer name out of her all she said that it was a light load of approx 15000 lbs from Longview to Houston think she said aluminum cans and you would take to to a yrd in Houston drop it get under another trailer and come back to Longview and drop it and could get under another trailer and head back to Houston . said drivers was averaging 1.5 loads a day 5 days a week . Thanks for the reply

6. flyanywhere

flyanywhere Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Orem, Utah
    Yeah, I worked for them for 6 months. Their FSC is the lowest in the industry, they claim to have one but when I left they paid all of .25 per mile!!! They brag that they have 80% drop and Hook, as of my quitting, I had over 90% live loads!!!!!! Typical company bragging what they do not have nor what they offer!!!

7. mr salty

mr salty Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2011
    liberty tx
    yeah, that's the run...it's running budwieser tall boys to north houston and coming back empty....loads about 8k...it's not a bad run if the loads are there...easy driving, only one scale house that's never open...they were paying 1.21 including fsc....its best if you live on the longview end...(more hometime)....problem for me was we couldn't get enough loads...i was avail. 7 days a week and never turned down a load....jb hunt came in and took most of it...i made 50k for six months....that's total gross...had to pay fuel out of that etc...almost lost my truck...it's a good deal if you own your own truck out right...and want to be home alot...or if they really are getting 8 loads a week...i got a couple of the other current drivers phone numbers....i can give them a call and find out or put u in touch with them...if u r still interested in the job??

8. 1988pete379

Feb 28, 2009
    North East TX
    Thanks for the reply , but I did some figuring and by the time I paid fuel and the driver we would not make a cent off of it . I went a lease the truck to cactus and today was I first day there . It is amazing how the companies want to haul this stuff dirt cheap and think that they are making money , Have a great week and be safe

9. lcummings

lcummings Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Baton Rouge, La
    Hello, can anyone tell me the reason for hut or kyu?

10. true trucking man

true trucking man Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I had a bad experience with this company, I definitely do not recommend them as a company to work for, first of all the dispatchers were screwing me out of my money by not explaining how you were going to get paid by their mistakes, then they started running me places and not giving me miles to pay for my truck i was leased to them with, then they were mishandling my escrow with the leasing company, then on top of all that the safety coordinator(mexican lady from the el paso terminal) told me at approximately 4:30pm to go and take a random drug test and she gave me a paper with two concentra locations in the el paso area. one of those locations closed at 5pm, so i knew that i wasnt going to make it in time figuring that both locations closed at that time and she didnt tell me which one excatly to go to, so i decided to go the next morning, and when i showed up at concentra, they called the terminal and fx freight cancelled the drug test and told them to tell me to return back to the terminal, so when i returned, fx freight claimed that i refused the drug test and terminated my contract! I just believe that if a company is not going to have your back and understand what you are going through then they are not a company worth working for and I believe they are not worth working for if i knew that they was going to put me through all this!!!!! oh and btw I only worked for them for 2 months !!! so I just passed a drug test to get on with them?????? smh!!

11. SoCo

SoCo Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Pay packages have changed and update nearly every 6 months. The FSC is based off the national average and is currently .43 cpm (loaded).
    The average age of staff employee is 35 years old and not most drivers are Mexican. Even if they were, what has that got to do with the price of freight? If a company has primarily Russian or Slovic drivers, does that mean that their freight is higher? Also, I'm not certain when you were with FX, but there is now a flat rate fee for the deductions ($69 administrative fee if you have your own authority/$99 if you do not). OCC/ACC is $35.54 for solo, $71.08 for team. Insurance is variable depending on truck's year, make, and model but averages $25 a week. Fuel is the only deduction that can cause such a decrease on a weekly settlement so FX focuses on working with drivers with MPG below 6.5 to bring it up.

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was unprofessional. However, many changes have taken place with FX that ensure others can be happy and successful. I hope that you have found a place to call home that supports your goals!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.