Freightliner Cascadia dd15 eng2 001SPN003464 throttel CMD. 32

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by OldiM, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Check your throttle plug on the side of the throttle body. The heat on the throttle body tends to cause a lot of corrosion there. You don't want to ignore it too long for it will get worse and then cause the truck to stall out like the key is turned off.

QUALITYTRUCK and OldiM Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tricarriers

tricarriers Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2018
    OP, were you able to diagnose the problem and find out what exactly was wrong with it? I have the same code on my truck (2014 DD15).

4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    The little motor on the side of the intake throttle goes bad on DD15's sometimes. Mine did. Throttles are cheap (about $130) and very easy to change. You can tell if it's working by listening when you turn the key on. You should hear it sweep open and closed.

5. tricarriers

Mar 7, 2018
    I thought the same thing but when I took the throttle valve out and tried to manually close the flap, it moved freely. I even bought a new intake throttle valve and plugged it to the harness and tried to cycle it by turning the ignition on but it still did not work. Seems like its an electrical issue.

6. tricarriers

Mar 7, 2018
    Going to check the connectors pins (as mentioned in an earlier post) tomorrow.

7. billybigrig659

billybigrig659 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2013
    waymart,pa
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.