Freightliner Dogget diagnostic report

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OTRtruck, Jan 22, 2019.

1. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019
    My 2012 cascadia was having heavy blow by so turned it in to a freightliner Dogget service center. They did diagnostic test and basically need a overhual. I do have a warranty and submitted the claim. The issue is the diagnostic paperwork does not have detail report. No codes or breakdown if issues. Only thing it states is basically what I told service . Heavy blowby and used plenty of oil. The warranty center needs the detail report but Dogget is telling me they dont have it or only way to get detail diagnostic is by breaking down engine. I paid $400 for diagnostic run. This is my 1st bringing in my truck for a service. Should they have provided me with the detail diagnostic report when I paid? I just have a gut feeling they didn't do one and charged me... went by the blow by and figured overhaul.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    So what was the dyno report like, and what was the inches of water for the blowby.

4. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    if you have the Detroit and most have been recalled for the plastic pick up tubes and a plastic washer .... most of those are covered by the recall mine happened to be one of the older 2012 that wasn't in the recall anyways I was losing oil pressure but and took it to freightliner they will not notify you of the recall only if you're at the dealer anyways there is a few more plastic parts on the newer 2012 ... I had to pay for mine and it was around $750 which includes a pm because they had to drain the oil. but would check in to see if you are in the recall before you do anything midway in Monroeville ohio can tell you over the phone by your Vin number. .... don't matter what dealer you take it too but I trust those guys

5. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019
    The report that was given to me only states engine has excessive blowby and used 2 gallons of oil... I am comparing my report with my brothers when he serviced with Dogget. His has more detail with codes and actually says under sold operations banner Express assessment Diagnostic while mine just has General.

6. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019

7. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Ah thanks. Will give them a call

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    So I am a bit confused, you went to a service center and they said that it has excessive blowby without telling you what the reading is?

I won't argue with the need for an inframe but when you get service, get the report with exact numbers, don't take their word for it. A dyno as you know is the only way this is done and the percentage of rated power is also important to know what is going on, blowby is one of two numbers for this. Just don't want you guys ripped off.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  9. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Yes. Basically. I called the service center. Spoke with the service manager who actually is the person who initially looked at my truck and told me possible over hual just by looking at it. Anyways I called and asked about my diagnostic report and he went on defense. That he rather speak with my warranty. Told him that he can but they still want to see report to justify the warranty. I asked him directly if what he did was a visual test instead of computer. His answer was vague. Didnt give direct answer.Said he been in business for 40yrs that he can tell. So basically $400 for a service that was not performed I'm guessing. And this is a freightliner service center.

10. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019
    and yes I should've been on point about the report initially. I didnt know how it should be. Lessons learned. But still going to fight this.

11. OTRtruck

OTRtruck Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Ah. No Dyno report. Just found out it visual test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.