freightliner fld120 gage lights flickering

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by jeffl0123, Apr 12, 2024.

1. jeffl0123

jeffl0123 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2018
    So I have been having an issue with my gage lights flickering on me. It started right after the last time I took my dash apart to change a couple air actuators and replace a leaking air fitting. I have tried making sure all the sockets are tight in the holder of the gage and they are. Only other thing I could think of is if there is a cab to dash ground somewhere. Was wondering if anyone knows were the main dash to cab ground wire is. Cant seem to locate it. Or if anyone has any suggestions as to what else could cause this issue. Also if it has any relevance, my radio at the same time has been going in an out, mostly on AM but is affected on FM slightly also. It is not every single one of them but I would say like 80%
    Oh and what I should mention also is I have blue leds in them. I put them in about 3 months ago and they seemed to be fine but then started the flickering. I also saw that another guy had a flickering problem with blue. Just not sure why they would be fine for 3 months and then all start doing this. Maybe something with the dimmer?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Check the bulb in the fiber optic spider. Likely an issue there

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Check your grounds.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Sometimes the dimmer control causes it on mine. Try turning it see if they flicker, at least rule it out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.