fresh out of school, want to work for ODFL

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by Need4Speed, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Light Load Member

May 8, 2013
    Am I being silly and unrealistic wanting to drive for Old Dominion right out of truck driving school? Should I just put my year in working for another company and then come to ODFL? Thanks for everyone's help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thestreetdream

thestreetdream Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Winterfell
    Only one way to find out, call the TM and ask. You’re going to kick yourself if you waste a year somewhere else when you could of been hired at OD. I’m in the upper Midwest and we’ve put on 10 linehaul guys in the last 6 months.

CJ701, Need4Speed and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you want to work for ODFL, then that's what you should do. Don't waste a year working somewhere else.
    ODFL hires new cdl grads.

Bluedew, CJ701, localguy65 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Absolutely not unrealistic. OD for whatever reason, has it figured out. Few years back when I was with Estes the rumor from the West Middlesex PA guys that would come to St. Louis said Old Dominion ran an ad somewhere in Pennsylvania I think, maybe it was Indy, advertising how fast they were growing and current drivers in LTL could come over and get benefits , vacation, and I want to say even keep their pay from their old employer from day one. That, as you probably can guess, is an unheard of deal. Even if some of that is embellishment from the grapevine, Estes lost a TON of drivers to that. Some managers too. Heck OD has 2 terminals just in St. Louis. It’s a good company to set your sights on for sure, and one you probably won’t be leaving. Best of luck!

CJ701, Need4Speed and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.