Fresh out of the penitentiary

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by big_rig_ambition, Sep 25, 2011.

1. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    If you want to compare it to flying a airplane, then yes; a 2nd seat can be considered a co-pilot. Basically you would team up with a IC or O/O. The truck remains their responsibility, and you would be their employee.

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MexicoTrucker

MexicoTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Saltillo, Coahuila - Mexico
    Royal Freight in Pharr Texas will put you to work. We have the highest number of ex felons per capita of anyone.

Number to call is 956-283-2210 for recruiting. They are begging for drivers, especially now that 20 of us, their best of the best are leaving them over the EOBR issue

123456 and volvodriver01 Thank this.
  4. big_rig_ambition

big_rig_ambition Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011

i will call these guys today.

gracias hermano

5. Mekanic

Mekanic Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I think he ment to drive when the owner couldn't because Some O/O would probibly like to only drive 3-4 days a week and have some one else drive the rest of the time.

6. Mekanic

Mekanic Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Not to highjack the thread but what the heck is EBOR??

7. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Electronic log/ tracking device built into the truck. It's basically an ankle bracelet to keep you evil nasty truck drivers in line. Like an electric dog collar. Least that's how a lot of us see it.

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  8. bigray68

bigray68 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2011
    pa
    talk to your po officer... they may be able to help get it esponged off your record for employment reasons. i have seen it done 1 time before

9. Warpath

Warpath Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Ft Benning, GA
    I've been lurking these boards forever but after reading your post figured I would sign up and offer my 2 cents ... I've always loved trucks and figured when I retired from the Marine Corps (I've been in 16 years now) I would try my hand as a trucker. Unfortunately, I don't think that is such a viable option anymore, simply because now I'm married, have kids, and as an infantryman have been away so often that my wife wouldn't be too happy with a career that would keep me away from home (and probably pay less). Sorry for the drivel but it's my first post so I figured I'd at least introduce myself (kind of).

More importantly; Big_Rig_Ambition, I wish you nothing but success and from what I've read you have the determination, intellect, and wisdom to realize your dreams. Gravediger's post was spot on. I wasn't an angel when I was younger and by the grace of God I made it out unscathed (for the most part). Again, good luck to you and roll with the punches but remain focused on the prize. You and more importantly your kids will benefit from it.

Take care brother

10. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    A lot of union hatin' on this forum - LMAO!

11. big_rig_ambition

big_rig_ambition Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    thanks again, ya'll... i expect to have a pre-hire letter in my hands next week, and from there its off to school!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.