Fresh out of the penitentiary

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by big_rig_ambition, Sep 25, 2011.

1. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    lots of oilfield work in pa--look in the oh crap--cant think of the town--starts with a w i think--on86/17--lots of haliburton trucks running around there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. big_rig_ambition

big_rig_ambition Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011

this is exactly what im talking about right here. thanks for posting sir.

4. ibtruckin304

ibtruckin304 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Huntington,Wv
    If you want to become a trucker,you have to get accepted to a driving school,even with a felony conviction this is still possible,12 years ago when i got my license their were not as many schools out there as there is today,thats your first order of business,their are a lot of ,outlaw outfits still in operation,heck i used to work for a few,have you ever tried to have you record expunged

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  5. moss4573

moss4573 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hey big rig ambition. I wish you all the luck in the world. I have 3 felonies on my background. I will be starting school January 16 2010. But I won't be lost any money because I got on the WIA program where the state I live in pays for it all. But before I did start the process of getting the state to pay for my schooling I did researching for about six months. I talked with several companies. Even the ones that said they would accept felons on their web site or on some page in a book. What I found out is most companies won't hire you unless its 5 years old or older. I only found 1 or 2 that said 2 years old or older, but it has to be from your end date end of parole or probation not from the conviction date.And all them ask is it a drug or violent crime. Because if its either they won't accept you. Should have done your homework first cause its sad to say you are going to be that 1% who isn't working after school. I am still not in the clear of 5 years until 2014, but i plan to drive for a logging company so when those years are up i will get to go other places with experince. All I can say is good luck. And don't fall in the rut again and go back like the government wants you to. Why should they benefit for your screw up. I know how you feel.

6. FastCat

FastCat Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I dont know if I agree with this. The government takes recidivism seriously and spends millions on programs to prevent it. There is no benefit to the government of taking on a convict, only a huge financial burden.

7. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Have you told any of those carriers that you have 3 felonies? Most frown on just one.

8. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    i think ur convictions are too recent,most carriers will say no,because insurance purposes but u never know try maybe a local owner operators maybe.

9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    if you'd take time and read the thread,

you'd know he is becoming a welder........

10. FastCat

FastCat Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I think they are referring to Moss

G/MAN Thanks this.
  11. moss4573

moss4573 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2012
    yes and I have a list of five that i got today but your problem it not been soon enough and it involved drugs mine didn't.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.