Fridge, inverter, governer speed?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by HeavyHorse, May 27, 2024.

1. HeavyHorse

HeavyHorse Bobtail Member

May 27, 2024
    Is it possible to have a fridge in the truck? The trucks are equipped with 1500watter inverters. I was also wondering if there's lots of micro-management.

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    As for the governed speed, Insect rights groups are suing Prime for Insect Cruelity. When bugs hit the windsheild at that speed, they dont die right away, but rather suffer awhile before dying from injuries

4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Mostly likely they hold drivers hands as most Training Wheels companies do

5. wifi_guru

wifi_guru Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2024
    i belive company trucks are goverened at 65 or 68, si am sure it's an insurance thing unless they self insure themselves.

6. HeavyHorse

May 27, 2024
    I wish somone would tell me! I guess I will call them tomorrow.

7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    They’re limited to about 65-67mph as best as I can tell. I used to always see the drivers white knuckling the steering wheel when I blew by them at 85.
    As far as a fridge goes, I’d imagine that they have one from the factory already installed. I mean it’s kind of standard equipment nowadays.
    Their trucks are all equipped with APU’s so I wouldn’t think that they would actually cut corners by not providing a fridge.

Is Prime kind of a last resort deal for you? If not there’s much better carriers to drive for if you really want reefers.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. HeavyHorse

May 27, 2024
    That's hilarious. Anyway, I got spoiled with having no governer on my truck, I like driving 62 to 68, and 70-75 right before a hill. I'm worried about micro-management. The reason they stand out is because they are in Salt Lake and I live in Reno, and I like mega carriers because they have trailers and contracts everywhere.

Concorde Thanks this.
  9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Most prime company trucks travel at no more than 62 mph. The governor is dependent on fuel economy, and the only way to get the fuel economy is to drive slow when you can so when you need to you can hammer down. If you have experience, look elsewhere.

Concorde Thanks this.
  10. HeavyHorse

May 27, 2024
    Thanks. 62mph is ridiculous.

Concorde Thanks this.
  11. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    CR England is out of SLC also. Don’t know much about them other than what I see on the road. They’re one of the few mega’s that I come across at night.
    I suppose if they were the last company on earth I may consider them.. Prime, I’d just buy a KIA and deliver pizzas. They truly are the biggest clowns on the highway and it doesn’t seem like corporate cares about reigning in the stupidity.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.