From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well, who ever said there was lots of money in trucking lied. Those days are long gone now that brokers are involved.

On a good note another shop stop gone well. Shaking all gone can't hear a thing over the phone. It was that bad. Now hopefully hubby gets some good time in and miles. We need it to catch up. Winter harsh this year on everyone it seems.

He is now unloaded and going to next pickup. Hope I can meet up to get our girl Sky with him. She loves riding with Daddy. Pup in icon picture. She is also very over protective of that truck. More than one person found out fast. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well, we did meet up and hubby has Sky. As of now less than two years to go on truck. Hubby on his way to AL then back up to Mi. Seems there regular loads are active again.

Here is wishing everyone a good prosperous spring.

RERM and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  4. kendall

kendall Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2010
    crescent oklahoma
    What campany he pulling for

5. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Equity out of Michigan. He went there just for their lease to own program.

6. kendall

kendall Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2010
    crescent oklahoma
    What kind of trailers do they have and what kind of trucks do they lease thanks for the info

7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Dry van and old models aka gliders. All are 05 to 08 freightliners. If you have no mechanical experience they are not the truck you want. Hubby has experience and he didn't want to go to CA. So this was perfect for him. But I would not suggest leasing with anyone if you have home bills. Nor would I suggest buying a truck if you can't fix it yourself.

This is a business and you are responsible for everything in it. Even leasing you are in charge of everything with the truck. More than once in a month hubby has done DOT inspection and Passed. Not many do in this company that are company drivers. Why because they don't know and they admit it.

Most fail at leasing for one reason they can't make it work because it's all numbers. It long hard hours dealing with lots of different people. Most don't give a rat's ### about you and can be very rude. Deadlines can be hard to make because dock workers are slow to unload or load. Not to mention Traffic is a PITA.

Fuel is Up so money is down. We are Not clearing what we did last year at this time do to fuel. Miles are the same paycheck is alot less. Not a good senerio.

8. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Hubby on his way to FL then to AL. He is working on getting newer transmission. One that goes better with his 342 gears. What he has now is giving him too high RPMs. Which is one reason for some of his break downs.
    Truck all washed and clean for a few days. Our girl Sky( icon photo) is blowing her coat now that it's warmer. So inside not so clean but very furry. Told him he has to save brushing in a bag and bring home so I can turn it into yarn.

runningfr8 Thanks this.
  9. J_mcn

J_mcn Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2017
    How have things been going

10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Things are going OK. Truck working loads picking up.
    Hubby was driving Durning last snow that hit PA. Luckily he grew up there so knows those roads and the weather. He knows when to slow down and when to pull the brake. He did and after he did a trainer for swift good their truck stuck in the parking lot entrance trying to leave. Figures right.
    Anyway, he will be home this weekend so we can get goats to auction. Selling two or three there and have two being picked up private. That will help alot here. I am dreading taxes.

One big change is having to pay into your own taxes. I didn't get much paid in for hubby took a major hit in take home pay later quarter of the year. Hoping that helps as it was major income loss. Which also made us sell animals at a loss to cover home bills. It should be better this year as I have puppy sales coming in the fall and at least one goat too.

Another truck note he has 18 months left on his leash before he owns it. We are hoping things pick up enough to shorten that time by months. That will be a help when he does get it paid off. His payments are around a grand a month plus maintenance fee so that runs another grand or so a month. Getting all that to keep after pay off will be a major plus. We will still have maintenance taken out but we are doing it instead of company. So if it doesn't get used can go to next year not into someone else's pocket for profit like now.
    Looking forward too that for sure.
    Happy Spring all.

popcorn169 and scottlav46 Thank this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    You still fighting the good fight? I know there were some rough freight patches. Just haven't seen the truck around lately. Wondering if it got to be too much and had to go elsewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.