From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So sorry to hear about your Aunt and mom. That a rough time. Hope mom is OK. Condolences on Aunt.

Nicodemus606 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So hubby got to run Tx again for half a week. No problems with loads or getting loads out. He is now in Oh on wat back to Michigan.
    Plans are to take a few days off in October to cover his trip to the Black and Blue Rally for Truck Drivers in DC. All truckers should be behind this as it's about Everything you all are #####ing about from hours of service, to load times ,and lumpers, brokers plus ELD.
    I won't be going got animals to care for here. But if you really can't go because your company driver put something in your window or get the T-shirt get creative. It's all about You.

4. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So hubby took a week off to support Operation Black and Blue and ELD or Me rally in Washington DC, CA, Miami and other locations around the USA. That all went very well by the way too.
    He is now back running up to Michigan then back south and then who knows where. We will have to make some change this next two weeks. But at least we're not in the hole.
    We got alot done at home farm wise too. The girl in icon photo had her 4 the litter. Some have met her and our male that sided that litter. My pups almost all go to farms to be good right hand farm helpers.
    Anyway, once we get threw this month new visor for truck will be ordered.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So hubby coming back from nice long haul out Southwest. It was a nice change and much has changed out there. Seems Loves put in many truck stops which helps alot. It was really nice run much sooner than it was planned and only one minor hitch with a dumb broker. Guess they didn't want to know anything because they gave their fax number instead of phone number.

Heads up all keep windsheilds clear if going threw Indiana as there truly taking that law serious. Cracking down on anything on dash or on window ,camera, gps or ELD. It doesn't matter you or your company will be fined for it. Obstruction of drivers view law. We have had this verified.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  6. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I specifically asked for a SW run in the last 2 weeks; nothing. You are the 2nd one saying you just got done with a long run. (Seattle was the other) here I’m wasting time waiting for outbound loads to be ready.
    Glad you guys are seeing it. Hopefully it comes around my way

7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Right time I guess. He had to reset and it was ready then.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  8. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I wonder if the company got dinged for the dash camera?
    I’m happy to give it up, if that’s the case. I may tell them to take it out regardless just to save myself a headache later

9. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Don't know about anyone caught Yet. Hubby bringing it to attention on Monday. He was told about it by state officer. Surprised you haven't had that camera pulled yet.

10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So last night hubby stopped home overnight to make delivery in morning.
    Now this is interesting at 3 am I drove him to truck at local truck stop.
    NEVER in past two years have I ever seen trucks lining exits ramps, never in 11 years living here. We were always out late driving home different days of the week.
    This morning it was not one ramp but all of them that had trucks stopped for the night.
    What does this say? There are More trucks on the road this year than ever before. The economy since new president has improved that much at least. But there is a downside too if they pass ELD there will be lots of driver quitting driving. Wich will be bad for everyone as shelves will go empty and trucking businesses will shut their doors. There will not be enough truckers not Time to get loads done where one will make a good paycheck for the week.
    Also in TN it is now illegal to park on the ramp. I did see one place expanding parking lot. Lot more needs to be done.
    On personal note we are Ok. Hubby now headed back to MI. He had some work down over weekend before he ran down here. We need miles and we're getting them. Almost one year left.

11. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Drivers quit = less capacity

ELD's= less capacity

Less capacity = higher rates

At least, so goes the theory.

SingingWolf and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.