From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Uhh ... you're running your own truck now. No need to play games to impress the office with your fuel milage.

You want all the data you can get that will tell you how you're doing. If you're doing bad you need to change your behavior. Not game the data set.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Ah but we are not running our own truck yet. This is good information for all running on elogs to get their fuel bonus. Even with leasing majority of companies run fuel bonuses if you are running for them.

We have 4 more weeks to go as company before he signs the lease. We are not leasing from a dealer but from a small company.

We ran the Rigdig report last night. One other owner who bought the truck new. All violations were his logs with one brake allianment issue. We also found out it is a registered Classic glider not an XL like side tag says. I didn't think it was a XL sleeper to small looked just like our friends Classic inside and out.

4. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    When you are with a new company always make sure to ask all questions. Company itself should NEVER assume experience drivers know it all. Ever company and it equipment and how it does things is different. Rushing threw training is stupid for most don't know coming from other companies how new one does things. Many companies use different trailers and computer is run different. Assuming that since your a truck driver you Know all this is just WRONG. Yes, I am upset. I am not just referring to us here. We have been in touch with other new to company people too having problems because training was rushed do to trainer wanting to go play golf. Company wonders why drivers have problems hmmmm,.

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    In a perfect world things go right. But we are not in a perfect world. I know most companies are run this way.

So we will do what we can with what we have in the time we have it. But don't blame the driver only for lack of knowledge. Just remember all ask everything before you leave even if it seems like a stupid question or you might look stupid. Need to keep on top of that with hubby so this problem does not happy somewhere else.

If your wondering why I am going ogg one we did talk to a new friend that started with us. Two we are in a truck hubby had 0 I mean Zero experience with and charging equipment was not explained right. So we are stuck here all day waiting for it to charge no he knows Where it hooks up. Lift gate hell. He thought it went to head of trailer and batter cables don't go that far. Remember he never dealt with this type of truck before. He has only dealt with doubles and single pups.

6. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Someone at warehouse should have shown you how to do it before you even got that load. I hate lift gate trailers.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well we got there early so that helped. We are on our way now to Ga then up to Oh. Just wish ac worked better.

I grew up in south Florida. But have since been up north. I can now tell why I never hurt much in Florida. Miss that but not the bugs and other things.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  8. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    What is your truck number? Is it a good ride?

9. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Now you know I can't give out truck number since I want to keep my pm's here. Lol

But here is the other information about truck. Hubby drove the Columbias at old work. They didn't have super single tires and they were way underpowered. So alot is different with the Classic we are in now. He says the hardest thing was turn radius. Other than that it rides way smoother alot more power (13 speed ) and is getting good mpg. Remember engine is a rebuilt. We are breaking it in.

Hubby says that rebuilt was done right. They now have guys in the shop that know their stuff there.

We are headed back up from Florida to Ohio then to Michigan then back home. He's been driving on recap for a bit now. Very happy with how truck is running and how they are running him.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I sent an email asking instread.
    Do you think you will stick with that truck or try for a Columbia once the trial period is over?

11. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    He says he is keeping the truck. But we shall see. We were told l/p could only get the Classics. That the Columbias were company only trucks. But we both know that is not true.

Thing is this truck fits his plans down the road. Only way I see him changing is if a Columbia 13 speed with Cummins with another redo engine was there. That might tempt him enough.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.