From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I just sat at a shipper for 4 hours after on time arrival. Load instructions said if I missed my appt I would be charged $25 for every hour late. Guess the shipper owes me $100. I'll hold my breath. Besides the lost time that 4 hrs will mean I won't have enough time on tomorrow' log to deliver and pick up next load which means I won't get enough miles in by cutoff to meet my obligations. So I got doubled forked. Once by shipper twice by hours of service. Phphpthttt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    That's always happened, during EVERY snowstorm in the South. It has nothing to do with ELD.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  4. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    This was Not a result of any snowstorm. For one we were not scheduled for one coming in temps at time we're in the 60 s or higher. What was missing was not bread but other item products besides food. I am not a kid here I do know the difference as I have lived in both the north and south in winter for over 50 years.
    Things are not getting replaced as fast as once did earlier this year. You can say it's winter issues and that is correct some but not all. Not with how many shelves and items are not stocked.

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    It’s pretty clear that you’re going to come up with tons of excuses about ELD’s. The fact of the matter is that they are here like it or not. So I’d suggest either going along with it, or getting out of the business. It doesn’t sound like it’s been that profitable to you guys anyways.

dngrous_dime Thanks this.
  6. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    The ELD is a pain in the neck. It interferes with productivity. It makes me shut down when I don't want to and causes me to take less (or no) 10 to 15 minute stretch breaks. I think it probably does protect company drivers from being abused out of sleep time but that's the only positive to it I can think of.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Oh here's a new one. Shippers and receivers making you sign a paper stating you have enough hours. It's not the ELD by itself that's the issue but Hours of service it's enforcing very strictly.

Anyway, hubby up north again and getting truck serviced. Stay warm all we got couple inches last night. Heard from friends in TX they got snow also. Can't wait till we can sit out winter like most OO.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  8. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Well if you have a day of nothing but driving, you can take plenty of stretch breaks.

9. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Everyone wants to be you.

10. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    That’s not what I’m saying. But unless you’re unloading and reloading every single day of the week, then I don’t see a problem

11. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    When you work for a company and get paid by the mile long trips are a blessing. Hubby next is to TX. He stop to have truck worked on. Low and behold just a service Nothing he wrote up. It seems since shop has no manager workers are now very lazy.
    Seems engine guy is not even showing up most days. Probably why Wicked truck is taking over 2.5 months. There are now 6 trucks in for engine work. They need a shop manager ASAP.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.