From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I was told the contract with Loves expired, so we got no discount anymore.
    Nothing official was ever written about a 50c discount, it was heresay that we took at in effect. My source isn’t management, so he was parroting what he “heard”. I guess it’s wait and see, as it it always is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Hubby was told also it was to be a 50 cent discount. That Loves cards were shut down and so we're TA. Nothing but Pilot allowed.

4. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I know only pilot. The reason I was told was equity no longer had a contract with Loves or got a discount. TA was just convenient.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Hubby wish he would have stayed at OD now instead of gambling with this deal? You have a bankruptcy lawyer ready or one to go after the lease company?

Rugerfan and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  6. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well, rain for south east today. Hubby telling me it's bad in upper TX. Hi winds lots of rain. It's been raining here all night also but no high winds yet. So all you drivers down here and gong threw be safe.

7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    No he would have not stayed with OD after that no tabocco rule. Even though it's had it's bumps this was still the way to go. He is more upset that he can't get shop folk to do their job than anything else.
    Right now company is under breach of contract. It's is stated that they are to fix truck and supply another if over certain amount of days. There are a few others too. It's not a bankruptcy lawyer.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    The first signs of financial troubles for a trucking company are policy changes that cost you money and a decline in maintenance in equipment, especially tires, oil changes, washing, small things that the truck can run without repairing, pre-pass cut off, ect.... Fuel cards not working is when things are getting bad, but there is always a good reason from them of why the cards don't work.

Wickedfire77 and Cybercat Thank this.
  9. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well one broken windsheilds fixed. Hubby on way to SD when he gets back he is supposed to get truck fixed if not....... It is last straw and he will contact lawyer.

Fuel points are not active yet so are all over the board from .12 to 18 cents. Depending on where you fill.
    Hope everyone is doing good. Stay safe out there.

10. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    JB switched to pilot and I have noticed mileage drop but never made the connection.

11. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Could that be due to the winter blend they use? I have been told about a loss of milage using the blend.

Cybercat and UturnGirl Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.