From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Pilot puts that crap Bio mix in the fuel, bad for motor, as it is loaded with water. I will not fuel at any of the big chains for this reason. Nor will I run Bio Diesel. There is your mileage drop. And winter blend will do this too, but if you are fueling exclusively at Pilot Flying J get used to it.

And I would carry an extra Davco filter and a Davco filter wrench to make swapping the filter out easier. And drain your Davco at least once a week until you see clean diesel pouring out of the bottom. That is if you have a drainable Davco water separator unit on your truck.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I Don't know. My experience agrees with justrucking2 about bio fuel for certain. Its hard to know what quality you are pumping in there.

Highway Sailor and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  4. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    It should state on the pump what you are getting, if it is a "blended" fuel. I whipped into a place a few weeks ago in Illinois as the price was to good to pass up. I pulled up to the pumps and saw the cheap fuel was a bio mix, I filled my coffee and kept rolling.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Yes that mix is a major issue. The Biggie's will not change it as it makes them more money to make sure truckers get less fuel milage. Just like charging for parking spots. It's all money in their pocket. Pilot is the Worst as they never do anything to help drivers with plowing parking lots or even maintenance in other way there.

UturnGirl and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  6. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    But they jav
    But they have good coffee....and after 9 million cups your next one is free.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    ROTFLMAO
    As if there the Only ones that have it. But we don't drink it either except in cold weather. Loves has better points to driver and can be used to buy almost anything. Oh well were stuck for now just like all the other company drivers.
    Unfortunately that is all we really are till truck is paid off. For many leased On are too as they are ruled by company they are Leased onto. If your dispatched and running under their fuel card are you really a OO. You got all the expenses but no real choices. Most companies now make sure your governed too. You only might get a choice like we do in where you go. All for a $1 or so a mile. Hmm

Yes, were are there now but hope not to be next year. We would rather get to pick our own frieght based on route and Cost. Have truck setup to our own specs and be in full charge of our own maintenance.

I find it funny many digged on us for getting an OLD truck. But now many more are doing the same just so they don't have to run ELDs. Since it goes by engine made year , were in the clear as our is a 98. We will be all set once we get threw this last year. I am getting bills paid just a bit slower than I like. Hubby back at main and is too be getting truck worked on while taking his 34 off.
    Stay warm all.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    The one downside I see to that old truck is maintenance cost. It seems crazy to dump thousands of dollars down the drain just to avoid elog

9. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    You have clear goals and the determination to reach them. Its a tough row to hoe though that's for sure.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    We see no need in going to CA. Our maintenance costs are paid for so nothing out of pocket. What it cost to maintain a new truck is way more costly.

Justrucking2 and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Well that money comes from miles he runs, so yes it is money out of your pocket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.