From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Yes..you really do need to stay hydrated. Also Aspercream is my friend.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Hubby still at company shop. They got all leaks they hope. Took time too as they fix one another would show in another area. All the test idling paying off that way. Since owner is in shop everyday no one screwing off now. LOL At least not on day shift night shift that's another story. Hubby was to have slack adjuster adjusted and night shift never did a thing. Me thinks someone going to be in for it on nightshift.

Hubby says things in shop look alot better. Parts are in. Motors in stock rebuilds getting done ect. They have a temp shop person in that has is own business doing on call break downs. He just got done with parts department now will be in main shop fixing it up so manager can be trained on computer to run shop right. Probably a few weeks shorting out bad apples and getting good ones in.

Hoping hubby gets on the road today for trip home.

4. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Its too rare when things get straightened out and bums get shown the door. I'm really glad to hear that shop is finally getting it together. Down time is the worst and it is so frustrating to be treated like a beggar when getting repairs. Thumbs up to the owner..and you guys deserve to be rewarded for hanging in there and to hubby for speaking up. He not only helped his own cause but the other driver's as well.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
  6. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    You too. Happy Easter.

popcorn169 and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Sounds like this truck has been nothing but problems I read all 56 pages. Knowing from the start that this truck had problems and he still bought it wasn't a very smart move imo.

How much longer til its paid off? If you don't mind sharing what rates does he get? Is it percentage of the line haul or flat cpm rate?

If you manage to get the title get your own authority and jump ship asap. Right now in the right market dry van freight is going 2.75-4.00$ a mile. You need to focus on maximize your profits instead of lets run 3500 mi a week company driver mindset

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  8. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I know hindsight is 20/20 but wouldn't it of been a wiser move to keep his 100k a yr company gig for a few more years and throw some cash down and finance the rest on a used truck. If your credit was so so take the extra few years to fix it and get a good rate on a loan.

I hope you guys make it. A ton of new opportunities will open up once the title is in your name

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  9. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    I’ll be jumping on my own in a little over a year. I just financed a new motor with them, 17month and I’m clear of that. I should have a maintenance account built up plenty by then to cover any kind of headache.
    Good luck guys. The finish line is close!

10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    If you Had read all the pages you Would Know the answers to your questions.
    Heck I even gave taxes last year. We doubled up in gross but stayed then same on net.
    Truck is rebuilt engine had zero miles on it. Everything now replaced so more new than most new trucks. No DEF and No EGR. No ELD either after we get title at end of year. To fix it won't cost triple digits for maintenance we can handle. Don't need computer over paid certified mechanic to change oil or adjust brakes or put on part.

BTW OD does Not pay 100 k a year only 80. We are now making over 130 k. So please stop making wrong statements trying to look smart. We know what we're doing and are fine. Obviously you need to read more to understand.

11. Brettj3876

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Yea but how much did you net after everything? 130k may sound big to you but it really isn't if you have to run 150,000 to get there.

So when you have it paid off are you still gonna pull for .90c a mile. From the few other ppl that came here and tried to help give advise and you shot them down I should of known better.

Word to the wise listen to some of the old dogs on here they didn't get where they are today with your attitude. And once your fleece is complete your just dragging rates down if you keep pulling for piss poor rates. Spot market avg is something like 2.40mi

People try to help you and you just get all snoty with them

4mer trucker and dngrous_dime Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.