From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Unfortunately I had my motor financed through them so I’ll run here until it’s paid off in a year. Then I think I’ll give it a go at LS

Cybercat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So Spring is doing here finally.

We have new shop manager that brought his own software program to run shop. He is going right to owner too from what we hear. So hopefully the shop will stay better.

Hubby is running full steam again. Which is very good I am looking forward to those 3000+ mile checks again. He says truck is running great and he has our male dog for another week. So it's lifting his spirits. Here's to a fruitful spring all. Be safe and Blessings to all.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Happy trails!

Cybercat Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    We are leaving Equity. Truck will be paid off. We're moving to another company at end of next week at the latest. It's a small OO company that does refer loads. We will be getting 85% of load.
    Good things come about when you plan and research.

6. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    Been enjoying your posts/journey. Hope you keep us updated on how things go with the new company!

Cybercat Thanks this.
  7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    So you completed your payoff? Where are the party hats?

8. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    It's a buyout from new company. We owe less than 9 k. Owner did it with another driver in Equity too last year. So by my calculations based on what 3 drivers telling me and depending on how I play it ofcourse. Truck title will be in our hands at the latest in July more likely June. Which is months earlier if we stayed. If we stayed it would be Dec. maybe as our finances are a real mess. Too many months of under 2000 miles.

But it was a means to an end which is all that much closer. Switch over will take just over a week. Drug test, decals ect. Kinda of hard to do when dealing with two companies so far apart. If this had not happened I am not what would have happened. Equity has changed in past month alot. They are consolidating and getting rid of warehouse. Everything over in fleet now which means full heavy truck loads. Since there is no fuel program for central and south that chews up alot of money.

We had no plans on going this route. This happened fast but it's a god send too.

Highway Sailor and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    It sounds like a smart move on your part. I'll be standing by with confetti and noisemakers this July.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  10. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Did you need to get an exact payoff amount or did the new company just agree with a handshake?
    I have to wonder if he’s looking for more drivers...sounds like a sweet deal. Is the new company based out of Michigan? (I might have an idea of where you are going, and if it’s who I think, I was going to call them once my motor was paid off. )

Cybercat Thanks this.
  11. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Yes, number was mentioned. No it's not in Michigan. Hubby was last to be hired to replace driver that was leaving. He is not taking anymore on for he keeps driver number below 10.

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.