From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well, all is going good with few hitches. Nothing we can't handle now. Money is awesome. Equity is a joke. They sent us a bill for our own escrow and back truck payments. LOL I guess account office has zero clue. They even say we owe for base plate. Yes OK. Wake up equity haven't worked for you in over a month and truck was bought. Hello anyone home up there? Stay far far away from this company now.

On great note hubby adjusting well. He is mostly driving short hop like 100 to 300 but they are paying very well. Let's just say over $4 a mile and leave it at that. His run now is longer than most of week PA to IN. Dry van so refer is off for it. Another two weeks at most then he will be home and we will be off to deliver pups. That will be over a week then home again. At that point dogs and I will be in truck. I can't wait.

Highway Sailor, UturnGirl and T.Rucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Congrats on getting title to the truck. Its nice to see plans come to fruition.

Cybercat and UturnGirl Thank this.
  4. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Short hops big $$ sweet.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  5. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    So we just heard totals for this week. 2000 miles pay avg per all miles was $2.83 a mile. We haven't started payments yet on truck or trailer. Company owner giving us time to get caught up on back house bills. This paycheck catches up 1 car 1 pickup and a charge card. Next one will be rest of house and a loan we took out to replace roof. At this rate title will be in hands no later than October. I almost feel bad posting this but it's truth and I hope it inspires others.

6. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    The struggle continues....almost there.

Cybercat Thanks this.
  7. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well, today we get caught up on private vehicles. That takes alot of stress off. Hubby bought a mini refrigerator today too. We need two new tires very soon. Right now he doing the KS runs at 1,300 a day nothing over 600 miles. Basically stocking local Kroger stores. He really enjoying new company. It's small and private and all Owner Operators. Even dispatcher was a OO before working with owner.

I can see how it's hard to find these companies. Once you do you don't leave and owners only want so many drivers. This one as 10 max max we made the 10 th. So different than last company which was Equity.

8. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Now here is one reason to own your own truck. You can set the computer the way you want Or in our case set it straight.
    Hubby went to The Diesel Doctor to have restrictions removed. What it was set up as was a total cluster f...k. Cruise was 400 on horse power, foot throttle was set at 350 horsepower. It now 550 horse power wide open. Governor has been removed too now. We're hoping all this reduces the RPMs which have been unusually high reving. It's no wonder our ideling was so rough and we blew so many parts yearly.

On another note hubby coming home from KS so we can deliver our pups and take a much needed vacation with friends in MO. None of which is coming out of truck funds it's all paid for by pups.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    RERM and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  9. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    ? Engine speed is controlled by gearing, it has nothing to do with power.

10. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    No governor? If you want lower RPM's why would you remove the governor? The way you have it set up now your fuel mileage will drop. I see a rebuild in your future! Good luck!

11. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    I think it was meant to read speed governor. Im not convinced the op understands diesel engines properly, and has met up with a "guru", or snake oil salesman of some kind to help them.
    Sadly, fuel consumption and motor longevity are not currently on their radar, but I bet they are before too many more moons are past.....

Milr72 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.