From Company driver to L/P

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Cybercat, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Ke4648

Ke4648 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2018

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ke4648

Ke4648 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2018
    Hmmm...you like to say you have run two successful business but you guys are broke, living payday to payday, having already sold off what you own to survive. Lady if you run his truck with your limited experience in this business then get ready to broke some more. You brag about your ability to run successful business, and hubby is ace mechanic, but he lets that rolling piece of junk break continually and he should pm it better. IMO.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  4. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    If they are doing what they want to do and are doing it the way they want to, why is it any of your business?

5. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    So ke4686 just decides to drop in and crap all over a perfect stranger. What a killjoy.

Milr72 Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Well ... It is easier and less stressful than crapping on friends and relatives.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  7. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    What no troll spray? Getting soft in your old age :p

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  8. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Forgetful..now let me see..where did I leave that can of extra strength?

9. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    He's the perfect stranger! Wait, not perfect, but definitely strange!

10. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Well, we are no longer living pay check to pay check. But most of the sell off had to do with in-laws more than the truck. Now we are in the black that we are out of Equity. They Equity have since lost four more drivers because of their BS. All of the in the hole like we got the last 3 months. But not anymore now that we switched and are OOs.

Right now we're in MO again waiting on trailer to load. At a Loves about to take showers now that dogs are walked. Hubby calculated up what has been spent on truck since leaving Equity to fix their BS repairs. A total of over 5 g and the same on catching up on the house bills. All paid in a months time with new company.

Our weekend load is to MS and is $3 a mile. Which gives us a nice start to next week as it's delivered early Monday. We're having a blast and have time scheduled for a dog event weekend in the Ozarks for our breed. Next time home we will be paying last year's taxes. I dislike going home at all because of in-laws. Brother in law is very lazy and does not clean up after himself. Mother in law is just a mental game kid and her son is more like her than he knows. So glad hubby was raised by neighbors more than his family. He regrets bringing them down too. Once mom passes, she is 81, were selling house and moving away from all family. LOL

11. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Gads this heat. We got to buy more fans and a bigger fan motor for truck AC. 2 people and 2 dogs over heat fast with AC now. We do have curtains for windows so that helps when parked Durning day. But driving is killing me as I have heat stroked in the past when young kid. So have to watch it close when hot like this.

This week we have truck and trailer payments coming out of check. Hope we get couple more good paying loads as this one were on covers those payments. That means 6 more to go after this one. Unfortunately we will not be paying off early as we have taxes plus home stuff to take care of now. Got to rent tractor and bush hog to mow property. Brother in law broke both riding mowers so we're not buying or fixing again for the fourth time. Long story that one.

Well, it's 8pm central time and we are in MS waiting on our time to unload. Receiver sent us to a private lot where we have to pay to park until we get called. Now that's a con if I ever seen one. Walmart went easy last night/ this morning. But hubby griping about all this now. I have a feeling next receiver will be worse yet. But we have a good load out too. Stay cool all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.