From Day One - Abilene Motor Express (Richmond, Wytheville, VA)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BigBrin

BigBrin Medium Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Hope all goes well. Yes okc is a very common swap local.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    I want to thank all of you for all your input into this blog. It was a great read from start to finish. I sense a great comradery and community with this group. I will be putting an application and Abilene has shot to the top of my wish list. I trained nearly 8 weeks with Howard Transportation out of Laurel Mississippi, but failed to stay on with them. My flatbed skills were lacking (no previous background) shall we say and did not catch on quick enough. Abilene seems to have what I am looking for. Automatics, pet policy in place, miles, and lots of drops in my old home region of Hampton Roads and drops in Florida as I have family in Kissimmee and Orlando. I live in Plymouth NC. US HIGHWAY 64 about 75 miles east of I95 and 90miles from I 64 in Chesapeake VA. I hope to catch on with you, and meet you guys and gals. Always like the ladies!! Best wishes. Now off to fill out the app. God bless and take care gang. Will keep checking in.

George Torres

4. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    At 8am, got a call from Sally and I will be in orientation on Monday. Boy they don't mess around. This is awesome. Totally awesome!! Just 6 hours after I sent the application. Look forward to it all. Look forward to meeting you all. Can't contain my excitement. Cheers.

George

5. YardDart

YardDart Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Mustang, ok
    Welcome to the team. I don't get to joing till mid Jan. due to finishing daughters chemo. Actually chemo just finished. Now she hasdo due 20 days od two minutes of radation just for percautionary measures PET scan shows all is good.

6. gntorres61

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Thanks YD. May God bless you and your daughter and family. Godspeed recovery and a Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

7. YardDart

YardDart Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Mustang, ok

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving to all the drivers out there.

8. wjejwan23

wjejwan23 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    welcome abord look forward to meeting you

9. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    YardDart I am glad it is going good with your daughter and I wish her a long life. Everyone have a great trip and a Happy Thanksgiving.

YardDart Thanks this.
  10. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Welcome aboard George

11. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Dart, glad everything went good with your daughter. Now I think I'm gonna call you RoadDart since you need to stay out of the yard to make money...lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.