From Pepsi to Gordon foods

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Edwin89, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Edwin89

Edwin89 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2018
    I’m practically a new driver I got my license the end of last year and been local from the jump driving for Pepsi. Im a delivery driver and I’ve been at it for about 6 months it’s been a great exp. but I fa lot of work a lot of hours and I average about 1,100-1,150 a week and is projected to make around 55k maybe 60k if I’m lucky. (Which isn’t that bad but I know doing similar work else where can potentially pay more )I never minded the physicality of it, I actually prefer it, it keeps me in shape and I’m getting paid for it. But my main goal has always been to get into the food service. I’ve been applying at the top Food service companies my area has to offer (I practically live between Jacksonville and Orlando FL ) US,Sysco,Mclanes,PFG,GSF CBI and lastly Gordon foods . Now, Gordon has reached out and I’ve had a phone interview and MVR done and they’re planning on furthering the interview process. My problem is Idk anything about them. I’ve searched up and down and came up with just a salary between something like 55-80k. I was wondering if anyone has information as far as benefits, holidays,vacation, and most importantly salary.... any info would help Thanx

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. authentic251

authentic251 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Mike2633, FlaSwampRat and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. Edwin89

Edwin89 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Thanks!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Do a search for @Mike2633 's posts; preferably the 'older' ones. He's been there awhile now, and has some detailed information.

He will probably be back on here later this afternoon; bet he's working in his yard here in Ohio this afternoon (as I should be, haha!)

Mike2633, Edwin89 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    McLane runs a TON of trucks out of Orlando and I know those guys are making$$$$$$

Edwin89 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I worked for Pepsi when I was a youngster.
    I had a girlfriend in every single store.
    They loved the Pepsi Man.

DC818, Mike2633, G13Tomcat and 2 others Thank this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Huge benefit of being a delivery guy. I was the same way as a ups driver. That's even how I met my wife.

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Don't leave where you are, switch over to like shuttles. Your in a place that OTR drivers are trying to get to, If you, leave there in 3 months your going to be back on here saying you wish you never left. Your with a good company with decent pay and benefits, stay put learn to manage your money. I work for a lot of different companies, including Pepsi as a on call relief driver, Pepsi is one of the better places to be.

10. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    @Powder Joints is Pepsi still Pepsi? I know that sounds stupid but I drive a red truck but don't work for Coke, I work for a private bottler. I don't think coke does any bottling anymore, they just make the syrup.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Well the call in work I do is for Bern's a distributor of Pepsi, but here on the right coast thats as close as it gets

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.