From Schneider (SNI) Training To CDL To 39K In 4 Weeks!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by RiggerModus, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Almost exactly what happened with me, I made just over $50,000 my first year with SNI (new to trucking) I lived on the road and basically only had about 10 full days off but if you want to work they help you in getting the miles. At least that was my experience.

Congrats and Good luck!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. arigo

arigo Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2007
    How does living on the road work out anyway? It seems like it would be a good way to save up a bit of money without losing it all to rent and such. I haven't even gotten my CDL permit yet. I'm going to bed reading the handbook though. ;)

4. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Ah its not that bad, I guess you in a way put your life on hold and become somewhat a loner.. Save money? well yes you can definitely do that. Just need to control the urge to spend. I basically did it to get myself out of debt that my ex-wife accumulated. So i wasn't able to "save", almost even now :smt038

Stay out of the truck stops and avoid shopping at Walmart much as you can and you can save money.

Things I did to keep myself occupied and not really spend money.
    1. Read (like I am doing now)
    2. Play a few video games now and then (PlayStation)
    3. Cooked my own food (many trucker recipes you can find online)
    4. watch JB Hunt trying to back in a hole (heck sometimes I even would get out and spot the guy)
    5. Cleaned and Cleaned the heck out of my truck
    6. Bug my FM with several pointless calls a day :laughing6:

Ah I can go on but it does take a certian indavidual to live on the road.
    definatly a lifestye and not just a job.

5. RiggerModus

RiggerModus Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Dave:

I was hired as a "Utility Driver," meaning that I serve whatever purpose they need on an account dedicated to Ford and GM. Typically I'm covering routes for people on vacation or out sick. I'm lucky to have this position, from what people have told me about trying to get mileage.
    There's great bene's and bonuses, too.

And I like not knowing where I'm going tomorrow -- and I'm home weekends and most nights.

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY:smt025

6. flathead

flathead Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2007
    North of Syracuse, NY
    Sounds GREAT, man. You should feel lucky. -Dave

7. Sixx

Sixx Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Taxachusetts
    does anyone here do truck-rail?

8. bigirishwarrior14

bigirishwarrior14 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    congratulation! Schneider is good place to start for newbie. I would pick Schneider when i get CDL

9. OceansideHog

OceansideHog Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    SoCal
    I just had a phone interview with Schneider and all looks like a go hiring wise. I will go to Fontana as well but not until mid April or so for personal reasons. The lack of a contract at Schneider has to do with California not certifying them as a school. Word up on pumkindriver.com is that the free training is gonna end around May or June time frame. Again congrats and it's nice to hear someone positive about the training!

10. wb75

wb75 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Kansas
    Glad to hear all went well and Congrats...Just curious did or have you any experience driving a big rig...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.