From School to Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by Keith48, Mar 27, 2007.

1. t bird

t bird Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Advance NC.
    Home time is great some loads are out and back. If you stay out a week you can take two days off

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Kennan Advantage. Bought transport services

4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That was a couple of years ago I think. TS still seems to be operating like before. I was talking about Dana/CTL.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    12/6-12/10

Got up early Monday and delivered my load over at P&G. I was off by 8:00 AM. I went home, took a nap, had a nice dinner with my family and came back in around 6:30PM to preload a trailer for another driver. I got off around 11:00 PM with about 4.5 hours of local work pay. This day sucked money wise but you do what you have to do.

I left Tuesday with a 1800 mile round trip to Iowa City and back returning a scope load that had been refused at Brown Summit. I was actually pulling a Carry trailer.

The plan was for them to either rework the load while I wait or for me to bobtail home. I was sort of hoping for the reworking plan to get loaded miles both ways and some layover pay at the Iowa 80 truck stop. That didn't happen though and I wound up bobtailing home. Fortunately the decision was made before I got to the plant and I was only there 15 minutes to drop my trailer.

The roads were dry and my return trip was uneventful.

I love crossing the I-280 bridge into Iowa. There were 4 bald eagles roosting in the top of a tree to the North just after you cross the bridge. I also say a fox cruising up a frozen creek bed in Illinois.

I got back to the terminal around 10:00 AM thinking I was heading home. They needed some loads delivered at P&G so I volunteered picking up another 5 hours of local work making this a pretty good week.

Part of the reason I was so willing to volunteer Friday is they had already sent me my plan for next week. I got that dedicated gravy run again loading in Hopewell Va Monday, delivering in Houston Wednesday, arriving back in High Point Friday. Life is good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Hey Rob, haven't talked to ya in awhile. Sounds like they are treating you pretty good right on. I am still at TWT and its no picnic but I am still ticking away my experience. Hopefully I can get on with you guys or Dana if I get enough. Sittin in Ohio in the snow bc a load was contaminated at the plant and they sent us anyway. One of the newer guys brother used to work here and is an O/O with Dana now and hearing what everyone else pays is crazy. 7 months down so far. Later on and keep the shiny side up.

Don

7. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I thought you were leaning towards getting away from tanks. I got lucky this week with this Texas load. I am sure a few of my terminals drivers are sitting with you on those dedicated N Chicago loads. TWT doesn't pay as well?

8. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    I like tanker'n we just get jerked around a lot. One of our trainers said his dad runs the hopewell run and loves it. Think he's been with y'all. Like 20 yrs or so. I am running dry bulk now and we lost our biggest account. Now all we get are leftovers A & R brokers to us. As far as liquid all I have run is the local resin gig. I have had my HM for like 4 mnths and cannot get any training. Could have ran outta our Passadena Tx term but I haven't been trained to air off or anything. They pay % but say its .40 ld and .26 mt. The longer the run the less it is per mile. We have a central dispatch that runs otr and runs the Chicago loads but can't get on it bc my term mngr doesn't have an "extra" tank.

9. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    :biggrin_25510:I like tanker'n we just get jerked around a lot. One of our trainers said his dad runs the hopewell run and loves it. Think he's been with y'all. Like 20 yrs or so. I am running dry bulk now and we lost our biggest account. Now all we get are leftovers A & R brokers to us. As far as liquid all I have run is the local resin gig. I have had my HM for like 4 mnths and cannot get any training. Could have ran outta our Passadena Tx term but I haven't been trained to air off or anything. They pay % but say its .40 ld and .26 mt. The longer the run the less it is per mile. We have a central dispatch that runs otr and runs the Chicago loads but can't get on it bc my term mngr doesn't have an "extra" tank.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    12/13-12/22

Last week and a half has been uneventful. I ran High Point- Hopewell Va- Houston Tx- high point NC last week. Got home Friday around 6 PM. This week I ran a N Chicago Dry bulk out and back. Left Monday around 9 AM got back Wednesday around 7 PM. That included a 12 hour break Tuesday night to let the sun come up since it was real foggy with freezing drizzle across Ohio and W Va yesterday. Off until Monday for Christmas.

11. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Gotta love that I77 corridor. By now I know it like the knot on the back of my head! Merry christmas Rob.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.