Frozen Tundra Trucking: Popular trucking show not on thin ice

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Cybergal, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Wildkat

Wildkat <strong>Arctic Mistress</strong>

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Here's some pics from my last 2 weeks out:

Icy Roads...NOT Ice Roads!

[​IMG]

Out on the Ice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I though this was an interesting shot as I shows how rough the ice is before they make a road on it:

[​IMG]

Arctic "Truck Stop".... the last lonely outpost on the MacKenzie Highway:

[​IMG]

4. TexasMike

TexasMike "Big Tex"

Jan 28, 2008
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    I watched that show and thought it was quite interesting. Knowing the History Channel the way I do, I took a lot of it to be a bit over the top on purpose.

It looks and sounds dangerous, but as others have pointed out it is safe to a certain extent or no one would ever do it and it wouldn't even exist.

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    What I'd like to know is are other other driver replacing these? What happened to Hugh Rollands Intl 9400I ? Did he get purchase another one back in Kelowna BC or does he have Ricks old truck?

I would like to see a more realistic version should Tlicho and Luna allow it. I liked the drivers but it looked very easy to me. Maybe that is how the videos were shot.

Kinghunter

6. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Last I heard Luna definitely will NOT allow History Channel back...EVER. They were very upset with how the show portrayed the whole thing. I saw some of the show, I purchased the DVD & was so disgusted with it I shut it off after about a 1/2 hour.

The drivers & the guy who owned those trucks from Kelowna was not allowed back into the NWT at all.

I run up there, it's not at all the way it was portrayed...WAY over the top.

7. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

Thank you very much for posting this info.History channel ran pretty much the whole series one day last week and my wife and I watched it for the first time.I kinda wondered if they weren't being a bit overly dramatic about the risks and such.I hope somebody punched that Hugh fellow in the chops while he was up there tho' and lined him out for lack of class where his drivers were concerned.Thanks again,it's always great to hear first hand reports.

8. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Much obliged...always happy to clear up misconceptions about trucking in Canada eh!:biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

9. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    Fatal crash involving two commercial vehicles and a Patrol cruiser on I-75 on December 9, 2005: A trooper found a tractor-trailer in the median after it had slid off the road. While waiting for a tow truck, another tractor-trailer went out of control and slid off the road, striking the first truck head-on, killing the driver instantly. The trailer of the second truck also struck the patrol car. The trooper was not injured. At 1:05 of the video watch the oncoming headlights start to slide off the left side of the interstate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaK1YoxZY5g

10. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Looks like every body in that video was going way too fast for conditions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.