Fuel cards and discounts

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by HillbillyDeluxeTruck, Aug 18, 2018.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    We currently have the Fleet One NASTC Quality Plus Network card. I seem to be getting about a .20 cent/gal discount, give or take. While the discount isnt my biggest concern, the lack of participating stations is. Especially in the Tx area.

Ive used the Fleet One Edge card with my former employer but I had no idea what the actual discount was.

I tried calling Fleet One yesterday to ask some questions and they kept transferring me around and putting me on hold.

So what are you guys seeing for fuel discounts and what do I need to know?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    it's all negotiated with each individual truck stop or chain .20 isn't too bad for smaller companies using fleet one but fleet one should be able to provide you with a list

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Go on their web site with your account # and go to The directory.....

Has a complete list of places and prices .

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Doesn't nastc have a stipulation of 80% of fuel bought must be bought in the ta/p network? Or be booted from the program. Something along those lines.

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Yes, they don’t want their card used out of network.... That’s why I use a different card when I fuel out of network. There’s no minimum gallon purchase rules tho.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    There’s no TA rule.......

8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Dang I hope there's no rule like that because I fuel at different places all the time.

Reason I started questioning this is because coming S out of Dallas week before last I was already southbound on 35 and wanted to get a splash of fuel after running all the way from IL. Not a single in network fuel station between Dallas and San Antonio.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.