Fuel costs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Dave124, Oct 11, 2021.

  1. MSQUARED

    MSQUARED Light Load Member

    256
    333
    Mar 28, 2021
    0
    3 bucks a mile isn't to bad, but your fuel is gonna be hell hauling those weights at these fuel prices. I imagine your lucky to average 4.5-5mpg
     
    uncleal13 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. Dave124

    Dave124 Light Load Member

    87
    70
    Mar 11, 2019
    0
    I was seeing fuel costs being 53% of gross income, leaving 47% to truck and driver. That is not enough to survive long term, breakdowns and tires will drag you under fast.
     
  4. MSQUARED

    MSQUARED Light Load Member

    256
    333
    Mar 28, 2021
    0
    53 percent of gross revenue? No way could anyone sustain that for any length of time. Fuel should be 20-30 percent and closer to 20 hopefully. Unfortunately that isn't the case for me.
    People want to complain about new trucks and the def but if the new trucks average 3 mpg more then old trucksI think its a pill worth swallowing.
     
  5. aaronpeterbilt3787

    aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

    699
    1,056
    Apr 2, 2016
    0
    I pulled the trigger a year ago and bought brand new. Fuel savings of 100 liters a day. Over a month, my fuel savings #### near make my payment. Was a no brainer and I’ll never go back to old school. Unless I win the lotto!
     
  6. MSQUARED

    MSQUARED Light Load Member

    256
    333
    Mar 28, 2021
    0
    I'm actually contemplating the exact same move right now. My fuel is killing me. 8-10k a month on fuel for 10-12k miles a month. It's too much. I'm averaging 4.5-5.5 mpg. Hearing these new trucks are doing 7mpg
     
  7. aaronpeterbilt3787

    aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

    699
    1,056
    Apr 2, 2016
    0
    I sincerely hope you’re quoting fuel mileage in us mpg!
     
  8. MSQUARED

    MSQUARED Light Load Member

    256
    333
    Mar 28, 2021
    0
    Lol yes I am. Just did a trip 4.3 mpg on the dash.
     
  9. aaronpeterbilt3787

    aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

    699
    1,056
    Apr 2, 2016
    0
    7 us is easily attainable pulling a tandem van. I just ran 7.2us over 600 miles today with a hard side/head wind all day and 45k in the box. I’ve seen as high as 10.8cdn. Which is 9us.
     
    MSQUARED Thanks this.
  10. MSQUARED

    MSQUARED Light Load Member

    256
    333
    Mar 28, 2021
    0
    What kind of truck? Engine?

    I'm looking at that w990
     
  11. aaronpeterbilt3787

    aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

    699
    1,056
    Apr 2, 2016
    0
    2020 579 ultraloft. Paccar set at 455. 1650 torque. 12sp auto. Yes…..I know. It’s not cool. But making money is.
     
    joey8686 and MSQUARED Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted